The principles of the Buddha are ones we can all live by, regardless of our beliefs.
The Buddha teaches us enlightenment, peace, to be at one with ourselves and happiness.
I’ve combined a list of 42 Buddha quotes on peace, life and happiness. Take a look below and let us know your favorite quotes in the comment section.
42 Buddha Quotes on Peace, Life & Happiness
1. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
2. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
3. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – Buddha
4. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
5. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” – Buddha
6. “There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.” – Buddha
7. “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.” – Buddha
8. “You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself.” – Buddha
9. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha
10th of 42 Buddha Quotes
10. “If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.” – Buddha
11. “If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone. There is no companionship with the immature.” – Buddha
12. “In separateness lies the world’s greatest misery; in compassion lies the world’s true strength.” – Buddha
13. “There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.” – Buddha
14. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
15. “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.” – Buddha
16. “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.” – Buddha
17. “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
18. “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?” – Buddha
19. “To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.” – Buddha
20th of 42 Buddha Quotes
20. “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” – Buddha
21. “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.” – Buddha
22. “People with opinions just go around bothering one another.” – Buddha
23. “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.” – Buddha
24. “Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.” – Buddha
25. “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.” – Buddha
26. “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
27. “Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.” – Buddha
28. “It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.” – Buddha
29th of 42 Buddha Quotes
29. “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.” – Buddha
30. “Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.” – Buddha
31. “With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone.” – Buddha
32. “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?” – Buddha
33. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
34. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
35. “It is in the nature of things that joy arises in a person free from remorse.” – Buddha
36. “Give, even if you only have a little.” – Buddha
37. “Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” – Buddha
38. “Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.” – Buddha
39. “Meditate … do not delay, lest you later regret it.” – Buddha
40. “One is not called noble who harms living beings. By not harming living beings one is called noble.” – Buddha
41. “A disciplined mind brings happiness.” – Buddha
42. “The one in whom no longer exist the craving and thirst that perpetuate becoming; how could you track that Awakened one, trackless, and of limitless range.” – Buddha
Thanks for checking out this list of brilliant Buddha quotes on peace, life and happiness. As always, don’t forget to share them with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Buddha quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...