Confucius was a Chinese teacher, politician and philosopher;
Confucius lived from 551-479BC, and his philosophies were targeted towards social relationships, justice and sincerity.
Even though Confucius lived a very long time ago, his lessons have been passed down among newer generations, and if you haven’t heard of Confucius before, there is still a lot of wisdom to take in.
This article lists 35 famous Confucius quotes to remember. There’s no doubt a few of these will be familiar to you as they are commonly heard being said every day by thousands of people who have picked up Confucius’ wisdom.
35 Famous Confucius Quotes
1. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
3. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
4. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” – Confucius
5. “If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.” – Confucius
6. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” – Confucius
7. “Old age, believe me, is a good and pleasant thing. It is true you are gently shouldered off the stage, but then you are given such a comfortable front stall as spectator.” – Confucius
8. “A gentleman would be ashamed should his deeds not match his words.” – Confucius
9. “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” – Confucius
10th of 35 Confucius Quotes
10. “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” – Confucius
11. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.” – Confucius
12. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius
13. “If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.” – Confucius
14. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
15. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucius
16. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
17. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius
18. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
19. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
20th of 35 Confucius Quotes
20. “The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius
21. “To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness.” – Confucius
22. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.” – Confucius
23. “They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
24. “I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.” – Confucius
25. “He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” – Confucius
26. “Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.” – Confucius
27. “A man who has committed a mistake and doesn’t correct it is committing another mistake.” – Confucius
28. “It is man that makes truth great, not truth that makes man great.” – Confucius
29. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” – Confucius
30th of 35 Confucius Quotes
30. “When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it – this is knowledge.” – Confucius
31. “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.” – Confucius
32. “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” – Confucius
33. “People with virtue must speak out; People who speak are not all virtuous.” – Confucius
34. “Questions are the creative acts of intelligence” – Confucius
35. “If you don’t know how to live, why wonder about death?” – Confucius
Thanks for checking out this list of famous Confucius quotes to remember. Don’t forget to share these quotes with all your family and friends if they aren’t already aware of Confucius.
Which are your favorite Confucius quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...