What is CM Punk’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$12 Million|
|Born:||October 26, 1978|
|Height:||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Wrestler|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
CM Punk is an American professional wrestler and MMA fighter who has won many championships while fighting with the WWE.
He has fought with the UFC and returned to the wrestling ring as part of the All Elite Wrestling promotion.
As of February 2023, CM Punk’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.
CM Punk Facts
- If you were wondering what CM stands for, Punk won’t be much help, having referred to it as “Cookie Master”, “Chick Magnet”, Charles Moosault, and various other names.
- CM Punk is a big fan of tattoos and has several including a Pepsi globe, a rabbit’s foot, and a four-leaf clover with a horseshoe.
- In 2011, CM Punk was a part of John Cena’s entrance, dressed up as an old-school gangster.
- While best-known for his performances with WWE, CM Punk also had a stint with the TNA, fighting for the outfit in 2004.
- Currently married to AJ Lee, Punk has been romantically involved with other divas over the years, including Shannon Spruill, Tracy Brookshaw, and Maria Kanellis.
CM Punk was born Phillip Jack Brooks on October 26, 1978, to his housewife mother and engineer father in Chicago, Illinois.
He attended Lockport Township High School and adopted a clean-cut lifestyle from an early age on account of his father’s alcohol abuse.
By the mid-1990s, he attended the backyard wrestling federation Lunatic Wrestling Federation along with his brother Mike, using the name CM Punk when performing with the Chick Magnets tag team alongside CM Venom.
After enrolling at Chicago’s Steel Dominion wrestling school, CM Punk wrestled on the independent circuit and became the International Wrestling Cartel Heavyweight Champion in 2002.
This paved the way for a stint with the Ring Of Honor promotion, winning the ROH Tag Team Championship alongside Colt Cabana in 2002 and becoming ROH World Champion in 2005.
By 2005, CM Punk had signed to the WWE, winning the OVW Championship the following year and kickstarting a long run of wins with the company.
CM Punk retained this title with wins against wrestlers such as The Miz and Ken Kennedy while adding various other championship titles to his list of accomplishments.
He’s also fought alongside Dave Bautista, in a long and illustrious career, with his post-wrestling activities notable for his involvement with the Ultimate Fighting Championship since 2016.
More Professional Wrestlers:
CM Punk’s Career Earnings
CM Punk has maintained a consistent career as a professional wrestler which has allowed him to establish his current impressive net worth.
As a wrestler for the ECW from 2006 to 2008, he remained their highest-earning star, pulling in between $200,000 and $300,000 each year.
During his stay with WWE, his salary reportedly increased from around $1 million per year in 2011 to $1.3 million in 2012 and 2013.
This sum will have been increased due to his other revenue streams from brand endorsements and other media appearances.
CM Punk’s Net Worth Annually
While CM Punk’s net worth might be short of some of the richest athletes in the world, nevertheless it has maintained growth throughout his career.
His time with the WWE and subsequent salary increase, combined with the greater exposure to the public, will have seen his net worth take the largest increase in size up to that point.
His post-wrestling career hasn’t diminished his earning capabilities, with Punk receiving $500,000 for a single fight with the UFC.
In 2014, CM Punk married former wrestler April Mendez, known as AJ Lee, who works as an executive producer for Women of Wrestling.
Punk is an avowed atheist, and has expressed his commitment to several causes including same-sex marriage and LGBT rights.
He maintains a strong presence on social media, with over 900,000 followers on his official CM Punk Instagram account, where he keeps his fans up to date on his latest activities.
Awards & Achievements
With many years working in a professional wrestling career and experience in the UFC octagon, CM Punk has racked up an impressive list of accomplishments.
Here are some highlights from CM Punk’s career:
- 2001: CM Punk wins the Mid-American Heavyweight Championship Tournament.
- 2009: At the WWE, Punk picks up the OMG Moment of the Year award for Cashing in Money in the Bank to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
- 2009: CM Punk and John Cena win the Wrestling Observer Newsletter’s Feud of the Year award.
- 2011-12: Pro Wrestling Illustrated named CM Punk Wrestler of the Year.
- 2021: CM Punk picks up another of several awards from Pro Wrestling Illustrated, winning Comeback of the Year.
How Does CM Punk Spend His Money?
With a net worth and annual income on par with some of the richest wrestlers in the world, CM Punk has more than enough disposable income for a luxurious lifestyle.
He paid $3.215 million in 2010 for a suburban home in Chicago, and in 2021 he picked up a home in the Los Angeles Feliz district for an impressive $4 million.
With his wife also a successful figure in the wrestling industry, their combined income will allow them to afford a much higher standard of living.
CM Punk has won multiple championships throughout his career and become one of the sport’s most admired performers.
Here are some of the best highlights of CM Punk’s career:
- 2002: In an early win for CM Punk, he picks up the International Wrestling Cartel (IWC) Heavyweight Champion, in Monroeville, PA.
- 2005: His career with the WWE takes off with a win for the OVW Southern Tag Team Championship, along with Seth Skyfire.
- 2008: CM Punk wins the ECW Championship for the first time, as well as picking up his first of three World Heavyweight Championships.
- 2014: CM Punk takes a break from wrestling to participate in the UFC mixed martial arts scene, also working as a commentator.
- 2021: Returning to wrestling after a hiatus, CM Punk debuts for All Elite Wrestling.
Favorite CM Punk Quotes
In his various media appearances and interviews, CM Punk has shared his views on everything from the nature of wrestling to his favorite music.
Here are our favorite quotes from CM Punk:
- “I’m not superstitious about anything in my life – except for playoff hockey. I get really kind of sketchy and weird about it. I don’t like talking about it. I don’t like making predictions.” – CM Punk
- “When I hear people say that they don’t think that I can do something or they don’t think I belong somewhere, that’s all it takes for me to prove them wrong, and it’s motivation.” – CM Punk
- “I love the sport, and I have for a long time. I’d stay up late and watch the Pride New Year’s Eve shows. I watch all the UFC pay-per-views. I’m a fan. I love this stuff.” – CM Punk
- “Punk rock and straight edge will always be married together. As far as me integrating that with wrestling, I learned a lot from punk rock.” – CM Punk
- “There’s a lot of guys in pro wrestling that just kind of have this MMA fantasy, and they never act on it. I’m acting on it. I don’t want to be one of those guys who sits there and goes, ‘I could have done that or I should have done that.’” – CM Punk
3 Amazing Lessons From CM Punk
Now that you know all about CM Punk’s net worth, let’s see what insights he can offer to help us achieve success in life.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from CM Punk:
1. Always Try To Exceed The Abilities Of The Masters
At one point in time, CM Punk was the new wrestler in town and looked up to some of the icons of the sport.
He never saw himself as relegated to always being in their shadow, and after hard work, he managed to defeat many of those wrestlers in the ring.
2. If You Suffer A Setback, Be Patient
When CM Punk suffers injuries in the ring, he takes the time to recover properly and doesn’t let it frustrate him.
3. Stay On Top Of Your Vices – Or Eliminate Them Altogether
CM Punk is famous for living a straight-edge lifestyle, avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol so he can stay in shape.
If you have any vices, keep them in check, or better still, work to remove them from your life entirely.
That concludes our article breaking down CM Punk’s net worth, from his early independent career to his rise through the WWE ranks.
Punk has broken wrestling industry records and proven himself to be adept as a UFC fighter, and remains active to this day.
With more chapters in his life on the way, his net worth will change, so we’ll update this article in the future to include all the new facts and figures.
As of February 2023, CM Punk’s net worth is estimated to be $12 Million.