What is Eva Mendes’ net worth?
|Net Worth:||$20 Million|
|Born:||March 5, 1974|
|Height:||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actress/Model|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Eva Mendes is a popular actress, model, and fashion designer who is married to the Hollywood heartthrob, Ryan Gosling.
Her best-known roles were in the films, Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror, Hitch, and 2 Fast 2 Furious.
The 2000s marked the beginning of this former B-movie star’s rise to the big leagues of acting. She hasn’t appeared in a movie since 2014 and Eva has no plans to return to acting anytime soon.
As of December 2022, Eva Mendes’ net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.
Eva Mendes Facts
- Mendes ditched her acting career in 2014, so that she could focus on being a mother.
- Eva wasn’t sure if she wanted children until she married Ryan Gosling in 2011 and changed her mind.
- She started her own clothing line in February 2013, where you can rent and return her clothes.
- In 1997, Aerosmith produced a music video, “Hole in My Soul”, in which Eva made an appearance.
- She was appointed in 2005, by Revlon, as their international spokesperson, and helped raise funds for breast cancer research.
Eva de la Caridad Mendez was born March 5, 1974, in Miami, Florida.
She has three siblings; Janet Mendes, Carlo Mendez, and Juan Carlos Mendez Jr., and was brought up by her mother after her parents divorced.
Eva attended Hoover High School and, after graduation in 1992, attended university until a talent agent spotted her.
Deciding to leave her studies, she appeared in small commercials and music videos while training with a professional instructor, Ivana Chubbuck.
Eva’s career started in the 1990s when she starred in a variety of B-grade films. Her career took off in the early 2000s when she secured roles in A-grade films like “Training Day”.
After that, she received more lucrative offers and found herself co-starring in movies like “2 Fast 2 Furious”, “All About the Benjamin’s”, “We Own the Night”, and many more. She worked alongside Jason Statham, Lucas Black, Dwayne Johnson, and Vin Diesel on some epic movies.
The romance/comedy movie, “Hitch” was the first movie where a minority actor was part of a mainstream romance at that time.
When working with renowned actor Will Smith, it was obvious that the two worked incredibly well together. USA Today described the film as her best screen role to date.
The movie “Ghost Rider” was released in 2007 and received a lot of attention from critics and fans. The film reached the top of the North American box office and was successful worldwide.
One of her biggest commercial successes was her role in “The Women”, despite the criticism it received from some quarters.
After her early 2000s success, she appeared in films such as “The Place Beyond the Pines”, “Fast Five”, “Girl in Progress” and many more. She met Ryan Gosling on the set of “The Place Beyond the Pines” and the two fell in love.
Subsequent to Mendes featuring in the documentary, “Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide”, she appeared in Lost River, a film directed by Ryan Gosling.
She then took a break from acting and started a new career in fashion design. Producing a line of bed linens and dinnerware as well as her own fashion line, Eva by Eva Mendes. She also launched the CIRCA Beauty makeup brand in 2015.
Eva also sings, having released Miami with Will Smith in 1998, Pimps Don’t Cry in 2010, and her own version of The Windmills of Your Mind, in 2011.
Eva Mendes’ Career Earnings
Eva has done extremely well financially right from the beginning, as she’s played to her strengths and capitalized on her good looks and acting talent.
Here’s an estimated overview of Eva Mendes’ annual income:
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2013 – $10 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2014 – $25 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2015 – $5 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2016 – $4.2 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2017 – $1.8 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2018 – $2 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2019 – $2.2 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2020 – $1 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2021 – $1 million
- Eva Mendes’ Salary In 2022 – $2 million
While Eva has indicated that she has no plans on returning to the big screen, there are one or two roles that she might be interested in.
Eva Mendes’ Net Worth Annually
As one of the world’s most beautiful women and has earned a fortune from both modeling and her acting career, Eva has an impressive net worth.
Here’s a breakdown of Eva Mendes’ annual net worth:
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2013 – $10 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2014 – $15 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2015 – $16 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2016 – $16.2 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2017 – $16.5 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2018 – $16.8 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2019 – $17 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2020 – $17.5 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2021 – $18.9 million
- Eva Mendes’ Net Worth In 2022 – $20 million
Eva and Ryan Gosling are one of the richest couples in Hollywood, with Eva’s wealth sure to increase over the coming years.
Mendes was in a relationship with the filmmaker, George Augusto, for eight years before meeting Ryan Gosling in 2002.
Eva and Ryan have two daughters and she has put her acting career on hold to be with her children.
She married Ryan in 2016 and the two have attempted to keep their family out of the media to protect their children. However, you can follow Eva on her official Instagram account for a glimpse into her glamorous lifestyle.
Awards & Achievements
Eva has had a relatively short professional film career and has therefore not achieved quite the number of awards that one might expect.
With her acting put on hold, it will be some time before we see her winning any more accolades.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Eva Mendes’ career:
- She won the Capri Global Award in 2005.
- Eva received the Giffoni Award in 2009.
- In 2006, she received an Outstanding Actress in Motion Picture for the movie Hitch.
- She was nominated for the ALMA Award in 2012 for her role in the movie, Girl in Progress.
- For her part in Ghost Rider, Mendes was nominated for the Scream Award in 2007.
For an actress to win awards so quickly after starting out, she would likely have been a major talent if she’d continued acting.
We can only hope that she will come out of retirement to grace the big screen with her talent in the not-too-distant future.
How Does Eva Mendes Spend Her Money?
Eva is conservative in her investments and believes in putting her money into real estate projects.
She and Ryan sold her three-bedroom home for $1.27 million and have had their eye on an Italian Revival estate called the Villa Delle Favole.
At the auction, they were unfortunately outbid but are still on the lookout for something classic to call their new home.
From the very first film in 2001, it was evident that Eva had that special star quality. This was recognized by the likes of Will Smith, who was quite happy for her to star alongside him in blockbuster movies.
Here are some of the best highlights of Eva Mendes’ career:
- Her first major movie role was in “Training Day”, which was released in 2001.
- Hitch was a worldwide success in 2005, when Eva was able to act alongside world-renowned actors such as Will Smith.
- “The Place Beyond the Pines” was not only a career-defining moment for Eva, but it was also the set where she and Ryan Gosling started their life together in 2011.
- She has ranked 23rd, 80th, and 44th in “100 Sexiest Women in the World” from 2004 up until 2006.
- She received her name as a “vapid sexpot” in the romantic comedy “Trust the Man” in 2006.
Eva has always played up to her sexy persona, acknowledging that she actually enjoys the attention it brings her. It has also been great for her box office appeal as fans flocked to see her movies.
Favorite Eva Mendes Quotes
Eva Mendes knows her mind and is a fiercely independent woman. She knows what she wants and goes out of her way to get it.
Her typical Latin-American temperament is evident in her approach to getting her job done, as she doesn’t suffer fools gladly.
Here are our favorite quotes from Eva Mendes:
- “I don’t lose my temper, but if I get angry, it’s true – I’m scary.” – Eva Mendes
- “I’m a modern woman in the sense of I take care of myself, I’m fiercely independent, and I’m ambitious. Yet I have these old-school thoughts in mind.” – Eva Mendes
- “People are incapable of stereotyping you; you stereotype yourself because you’re the one who accepts roles that put you in this rut or this stereotype.” – Eva Mendes
- “When people write lies about you, and you know that they are lies, that means that they don’t know the truth.” – Eva Mendes
- “I know I walk a fine line between being a respected actor and being what they call a sex symbol.” – Eva Mendes
3 Amazing Lessons From Eva Mendes
Eva is a role model for modern women, in that she embraces her femininity while at the same time being focused and determined to chase down her dreams.
She prides herself on her independence and won’t allow other people to dictate her future.
Now that you know all about Eva Mendes’ net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Eva Mendes:
1. Independence Is Everything
Even though Eva is married, she is still incredibly independent. She believes that if anything is to happen, she can take care of herself.
2. Don’t Let What Other People Say Stop You From Doing What You Love
Eva has received loads of criticism throughout her career, but name-calling has never gotten in the way of doing what she wants to do.
3. Feel Comfortable With Yourself
If you can reach a point where you are completely comfortable with yourself, nothing will stop you from achieving your dreams. Eva believes that self-acceptance is the first step in moving forward.
Eva’s career has been incredibly successful from her start as a model to moving from a B-grade actress to becoming one of the most sought-after actors of all time.
She may be known as a sex symbol in the film business, but she’s proven that it’s not the only reason for her success.
Supporting her loving husband and children is her main focus, and she’s not expecting to return to acting any time soon.
But as a role model for women everywhere, Eva shows that if you put your mind to it and don’t let anything slow you down, you can achieve your dreams.
As of December 2022, Eva Mendes’ net worth is estimated to be $20 Million.