Eddie Murphy is an American actor, comedian, and singer from Brooklyn.
He has worked as a stand-up comedian and has been ranked as number 10 on Comedy Central’s list. Murphy is known for being one of the funniest and best actor in the history and he has collaborated with some of the best actors of all time.
We’ve put together this collection of the best Eddie Murphy quotes:
30 Eddie Murphy Quotes
1. “I will blow your face clean off your face!” – Eddie Murphy
2. “Every bad decision I’ve made has been based on money. I grew up in the projects and you don’t turn down money there. You take it because you never know when it’s all going to end. I made Cop III because they offered me $15 million. That $15 million was worth having Roger Ebert’s thumb up my ass.” – Eddie Murphy
3. “Anything you have to acquire a taste for was not meant to be eaten.” – Eddie Murphy
4. “The other day I got out the shower and I bend down to reach for a towel, and I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Shot through my chest and up around my shoulder and down my spine. I thought ‘Oh, Lord.’ I thought I was dying. I bent over and looked, and I was standing on my own titty.” – Eddie Murphy
5. “That’s my idol, Elvis Presley. If you went to my house, you’d see pictures all over of Elvis. He’s just the greatest entertainer that ever lived. And I think it’s because he had such a presence. When Elvis walked into a room, Elvis Presley was in the f***ing room. I don’t give an f*** who was in the room with him, Bogart, Marilyn Monroe.” – Eddie Murphy
6. “If you’re an artist like a really, really long time, it stops being a performance. I’m not performing anymore. I reveal myself to the audience. I show you some of me. It’s not a show no more.” – Eddie Murphy
7. “When I go back to the stage, I want to be able to do everything. I want to be able to do music and comedy and all that stuff and have a show like nobody ever had before.” – Eddie Murphy
8.“The advice I would give to someone is to not take anyone’s advice.” – Eddie Murphy
9. “I took the portrait that Kaufman did of me home from the Saturday Night Live TV set.” – Eddie Murphy
10th of 30 Eddie Murphy Quotes
10. “I keep telling people I’ll make movies until I’m fifty and then I’ll go and do something else. I’m going to be a professional gentleman of leisure.” – Eddie Murphy
11. “I’ve always had confidence. It came because I have lots of initiative. I wanted to make something of myself.” – Eddie Murphy
12. “I only want to do what I really want to do; otherwise, I’m content to sit here and play my guitar all day.” – Eddie Murphy
13. “Making movies are time-consuming and it’s boring. You spend most of your time waiting between takes. It’s like a big machine that moves slowly.” – Eddie Murphy
14. “I’m in a position that allows me to do what I want to do, and I do it.” – Eddie Murphy
15. “There’s this little box that African-American actors have to work in, in the first place, and I was able to rise above that box. I could have done a bunch of movies where I stayed at the Axel Foley or Reggie Hammond persona. But I didn’t want to be doing the same thing all the time. Every now and then, you crash and burn, but that’s part of it.” – Eddie Murphy
16.“I started out as a stand-up comedian. And that’s what I’m most comfortable doing.” – Eddie Murphy
17. “I’m the artist when I’m doing music that I am when I’m acting. I’m everything.” – Eddie Murphy
18. “If you’re involved in with something that’s original, you know, you’ll always go back and try to rehash it.” – Eddie Murphy
19. “I leave my house all the time! But I’m not at all the Hollywood parties. I’m grown, and where else am I supposed to be? I’m supposed to be home.” – Eddie Murphy
20th of 30 Eddie Murphy Quotes
20. “Growing up, I liked all the stuff that everyone else was listening to, like Motown, but the biggest group of all was The Beatles.” – Eddie Murphy
21. “Are You Driving With Your Eyes Open? Or Are You like Using The Force?” – Eddie Murphy
22. “I been seeing newspapers every Sunday morning, white dudes be in there in their drawers, never having any bulge in the drawers. Smiling at you. If I ain’t have no bulge, I wouldn’t be smiling!” – Eddie Murphy
23. “This is a regional fair that attracts people from the surrounding counties and from further distances. The fair draws people from as far away as Albert Lea, Owatonna, and the Twin Cities.” – Eddie Murphy
24. “From the very beginning, I always tried to make dialogue flow comfortably; I always did that to make it seem more authentic.” – Eddie Murphy
25. “White boys always get the Oscar. It’s a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn’t played any of them slave roles, and get my ass whipped. That’s how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That’s what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I’ll get the Oscar.” – Eddie Murphy
26. “Mick Jagger’s lips’ so big, black people be going, “You got some big-ass lips!” – Eddie Murphy
27. “I can figure out which Spice Girl I wanna impregnate.” – Eddie Murphy
28. “The best way you hurt rich people is by turning them into poor people” – Eddie Murphy
29. “After all these years, I’ve done well and I’m cool. I feel comfortable in my skin, I’ve saved some paper, everybody’s healthy, my kids are beautiful and smart, doing different things, it’s all good.” – Eddie Murphy
30th of 30 Eddie Murphy Quotes
30. “My wife ain’t gonna make love to me if I got no money!” – Eddie Murphy
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Eddie Murphy quotes! Don’t forget to share all these incredible quotes with everyone you know on social media.
Which are your favorite Eddie Murphy quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...