The collection of quotes we’ve got for you today are those of Michael Phelps, Olympic gold medal swimmer.
Michael Phelps is a big success, and the thing I love most out of this list is that he was once told by his teacher he would never be successful.
Believing in yourself and your dreams is one of the most important steps in life to achieving your goals. So here are 15 Michael Phelps quotes on believing in yourself.
23 Michael Phelps Quotes
1. “You have to have a dream so that you can get up in the morning.” – Michael Phelps
2. “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.” – Michael Phelps
3. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
4. “Goals should never be easy.” – Michael Phelps
5. “If I didn’t swim my best, I’d think about it at school, at dinner, with my friends. It would drive me crazy.” – Michael Phelps
7. “So many people along the way, whatever it is you aspire to do, will tell you it can’t be done. But all it takes is imagination. You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
8th of 23 Michael Phelps Quotes
8. “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable all the time.” – Michael Phelps
9. “Everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. I think your mind really controls everything.” – Michael Phelps
10. “I don’t want to be the next Mark Spitz, I want to be the first Michael Phelps.” – Michael Phelps
11. “My mum and I joke that I had a middle school teacher who said I’d never be successful.” – Michael Phelps
12. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” – Michael Phelps
13. “Being able to wear the stars and stripes, when you step up on one of the blocks or, you know, when you step off of an airplane or when you hear the national anthem play, you know, it’s one of the greatest feelings in the world because you know that there are people at home who are supporting you and watching you.” – Michael Phelps
14. “I like to just think of myself as a normal person who just has a passion, has a goal and a dream and goes out and does it. And that’s really how I’ve always lived my life.” – Michael Phelps
15th of 26 Michael Phelps Quotes
15. “I’m the same kind of guy before all this happened.” – Michael Phelps
16. “This is my 20th year in the sport. I’ve known swimming and that’s it. I don’t want to swim past age 30; if I continue after this Olympics, and come back in 2016, I’ll be 31. I’m looking forward to being able to see the other side of the fence.” – Michael Phelps
17. “I think sometimes I guess you see records, say you want to get there and use that as motivation. In a way, it’s kind of cool if there is a possibility to rewrite history and be up there with the greats of Olympic history.” – Michael Phelps
18. “The more you dream the more you achieve.” – Michael Phelps
19. “It doesn’t matter what else is going on. When you walk into your arena or your – whatever you excel at, you’re there to take care of the job that you have to do.” – Michael Phelps
20. “I wouldn’t say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it.” – Michael Phelps
21. “I can’t remember the last day I didn’t train.” – Michael Phelps
22. “I want to test my maximum and see how much I can do. And I want to change the world of swimming.” – Michael Phelps
23. “I learned how fast you can go from being an international hero to being a reference in a joke on a late night talk show.” – Michael Phelps
Bonus: Michael Phelps Picture Quote
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Michael Phelps quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.