Which are your favorite Forrest Gump quotes?
Forrest Gump is such an inspirational film, and it’s hard not to love a guy like Forrest.
The film is over 20 years old now, can you believe that?
Forrest is a slow-witted guy, with a huge life story to tell. He never thought any less of himself than anybody else in life, and he recaps his whole life to any passers-by.
Fighting in Vietnam, captaining a shrimp boat, running across America, being a college football star. You name it.
Here’s a memorable collection of Forrest Gump quotes…
35 Unforgettable Forrest Gump Quotes
1. “There’s an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes.” – Forrest Gump
2. “You have to do the best with what God gave you.” – Forrest Gump
3. “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump
4. “There’s only so much fortune a man really needs, and the rest is just for showin’ off.” – Forrest Gump
5. “Miracles happen every day. Some people don’t think so, but they do.” – Forrest Gump
6. “You’ve got to put the past behind you, before you can move on.” – Forrest Gump
7. “Why don’t you love me Jenny? I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is.” – Forrest Gump
8. Bubba was my best good friend, and even I know that ain’t something you can find just around the corner.” – Forrest Gump
9th of 35 Forrest Gump Quotes
9. “Always be able to look back and say, at least I didn’t lead no humdrum life.” – Forrest Gump
10. “God can hear my prayers, so I pray.” – Forrest Gump
11. “Mama always had a ways of explaining things, so I could understand them.” – Forrest Gump
12. “What’s normal, anyways?” – Forrest Gump
13. “One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…” – Forrest Gump
14. “Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.” – Forrest Gump
15. “The best thing about visiting the President is the food! Now, since it was all free, and I wasn’t hungry but thirsty, I must’ve drank me fifteen Dr. Peppers.” – Forrest Gump
16. “Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump
17. “I don’t remember being born, I don’t recall what I got for my first Christmas, and I don’t know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world.” – Forrest Gump
18. “If you do not like my family and friends, I do not want to hear anything about it. They may mean nothing to you, but they mean everything to me.” – Forrest Gump
19th of 35 Forrest Gump Quotes
19. “I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floating around accidental, like on a breeze. But I think maybe it’s both. Maybe both are happening at the same time.” – Forrest Gump
20. “If there’s anything you need, I won’t be far away.” – Forrest Gump
21. “Mama says they was my magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.” – Forrest Gump
22. “My name’s Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.” – Forrest Gump
23. “Run, Forrest! run!” – Jenny Curran
24. “My Mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.” – Forrest
25. “Don’t ever let anybody tell you they’re better than you.” – Mrs.Gump
26. “I’m not the smart man. But I know what love is.” – Forrest
27. “Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn’t.” – Forrest
28th of 35 Forrest Gump Quotes
28. “Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain’t something you can find just around the corner.” – Forrest
29. “Now, mama said there’s only so much fortune a man really needs… and the rest is just for showing off.” – Forrest
30. “My mama always told me that miracles happen every day. Some people don’t think so, but they do.” – Forrest
31. “My mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.” – Forrest
32. “Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here.” – Jenny Curran
33. “My mama says they were magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.” – Forrest
34. “Listen, you promise me something, OK? Just if you’re ever in trouble, don’t be brave. You just run, OK? Just run away.” – Jenny
35. “Now you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was goin’ somewhere, I was runnin’!” – Forrest
You have to love this film! Don’t forget to share all these quotes with your friends and family.