Which are your favorite Alex O’Loughlin quotes?
Alex O’Loughlin is an Australian actor. He is best known for portraying the character ‘Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett’ in more than 10 seasons of the world-renowned TV series, CBS ‘Hawaii Five-0’. Moreover, he has also starred in several popular movies, such as ‘Oyster Farmer’ and ‘The Back-up Plan’.
Throughout his career, O’Loughlin has successfully granted several prestigious film awards and nominations, including the AFI Award nomination, Silver Logie Award nomination, and the Australians in Film Breakthrough Award.
Here’s a collection of the best Alex O’Loughlin quotes:
42 Alex O’Loughlin Quotes About Life & Acting
1. “It’s nice having your work recognized but having people follow you around is kinda weird.” – Alex O’Loughlin
2. “I put a bushfire out. It was one of the most incredible things, terrifying. We get them a lot in Australia.” – Alex O’Loughlin
3. “There are many things I want to do, so many people I want to work with, so many different opportunities out there as an actor.” – Alex O’Loughlin
4. “The relationships I’ve had with my wife and children are what mean the most to me.” – Alex O’Loughlin
5. “I do not think I’m a great talent. I think I’m a medium talent, but I think I understand the business and enjoy the business.” – Alex O’Loughlin
6. “I live in Hawaii, and the trails and mountains here are just magic.” – Alex O’Loughlin
7. “I love Europe. I don’t speak a lick of French, but I speak a bit of Italian.” – Alex O’Loughlin
8. “In television, the cuts are so quick: bang-bang-bang-bang-bang! I want to shoot two people and sit there for eight minutes and watch them.” – Alex O’Loughlin
9. “The mecca of filmmaking in the world just so happens to be in America. It’s quite simply a case of us just going where the work is.” – Alex O’Loughlin
10th of 42 Alex O’Loughlin Quotes
10. “When I talk about character work, I don’t really feel like I do much as an actor when I look at other great actors who win big awards for doing incredible transformations.” – Alex O’Loughlin
11. “I’ve got really fantastic fans from all over the world.” – Alex O’Loughlin
12. “I like reading, too. And playing my guitar – I wish I were better.” – Alex O’Loughlin
13. “I’m not the best fly fisherman, but I can fly fish because I crack a whip. I learned to crack a whip as a boy… I have skills, mad skills.” – Alex O’Loughlin
14. “That suspension of disbelief that’s required as an actor to live truthfully in imaginary circumstances is different to what needs to happen as a director, in the sense that you are the master of all the moving parts. You create the world in every detail.” – Alex O’Loughlin
15. “I like playing the villain.” – Alex O’Loughlin
16. “I think as an action director; it comes kind of naturally to me to a certain extent because I’ve done so much action myself – as my MRIs would suggest!” – Alex O’Loughlin
17. “My trumpeting sounds like a goose farting in the fog.” – Alex O’Loughlin
18. “I do have a stunt double because there are certain things that they won’t let me do. Like they won’t set fire to me. They won’t like let me jump off a 20 story building.” – Alex O’Loughlin
19. “It is such a cutthroat industry where you get knocked down so much and get rejected so much. If you do not back yourself up, no one else is going to so you really need to learn to get up, shake the sand off your chest and keep going.” – Alex O’Loughlin
20th of 42 Alex O’Loughlin Quotes
20. “I really enjoy doing charity, for a good cause, it’s like the least I can do, I really enjoy that stuff. I enjoy giving back.” – Alex O’Loughlin
21. “I’ve knocked my front teeth out. I’ve got fake front teeth.” – Alex O’Loughlin
22. “When I am really into a woman, the way I look at other women changes. The other women on the planet kind of fade away. And the majority of my energy goes to that person.” – Alex O’Loughlin
23. “There are millions of women all around the world who are in dangerous, terrifying situations. It’s up to us as storytellers to give people hope, to let people know that there is a way out.” – Alex O’Loughlin
24. “I blew one of my knees. I’ve torn ligaments and tendons, ankles, both shoulders, both wrists.” – Alex O’Loughlin
25. “I don’t know what I’m really good at. I’m really good at sittin’ by the pool. I have to work at that. I’m really bad at auditioning.” – Alex O’Loughlin
26. “I think if I’d have been an actor who didn’t care, I’d have less gray hair, and I’d be a lot less tired.” – Alex O’Loughlin
27. “I tore my right shoulder to pieces – three external tears, a labrum tear, and a detachment of the bicep tendon.” – Alex O’Loughlin
28. “I’m a fisherman. I’ve always loved fishing. I grew up fishing for trout.” – Alex O’Loughlin
29. “It’s a hobby for me, but I’m never alone if there’s a guitar there.” – Alex O’Loughlin
30th of 42 Alex O’Loughlin Quotes
30. “I write music just for me. I’m certainly not good enough to do it on any kind of a level but I enjoy that time because it’s quiet.” – Alex O’Loughlin
31. “Surfing is my great passion in Hawaii.” – Alex O’Loughlin
32. “I’ve got a lot to learn about television and about the best ways to tell stories directorially in that medium.” – Alex O’Loughlin
33. “Being a husband and a dad are the two most important things in my life.” – Alex O’Loughlin
34. “I just have to say no to some of the stunts that I love doing so much. I enjoy doing that stuff, but I’ve learned to let the stuntmen do those.” – Alex O’Loughlin
35. “I’m the son of an everyman. My father is a teacher. He teaches physics at a boys’ school in Sydney.” – Alex O’Loughlin
36. “There have been many times when I thought I was having a logical discussion with a woman, and then I’m left sitting alone, confused, trying to recount how it went down.” – Alex O’Loughlin
37. “Surfing and trail running chill me out.” – Alex O’Loughlin
38. “Losing my anonymity in this world I think is something that I find terrifying.” – Alex O’Loughlin
39. “I receive underwear – some clean, some not. No joke. My assistant who helps me with my fan mail constantly threatens to quit because of what we get sent.” – Alex O’Loughlin
40th of 42 Alex O’Loughlin Quotes
40. “I am a big fan of vampires. I’ve always been obsessed with the genre, and the beautiful romanticism and erotic kind of nature of the immortal being, the undead who lives on human blood.” – Alex O’Loughlin
41. “I can get through Italy better than I get through the rest of Europe.” – Alex O’Loughlin
42. “There are certain big stunts that it’s just impossible to get insurance to let me do, but for the most part I’d say I do probably 75% of my stuff.” – Alex O’Loughlin
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Alex O’Loughlin! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Alex O’Loughlin quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...