Which are your favorite Saweetie quotes?
Saweetie is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. She is most popularly known for her singles ‘My Type’ and ‘Tap In’. She began her singing debut when she released her single ‘Icy Grl’ which earned an RIAA platinum certification. Her breakthrough then got her signed to Warner Records.
Throughout her singing career, Saweetie has successfully earned many prestigious music awards nominations, including the MTV Music Video Awards, the People’s Choice Awards, and BET Awards.
Here’s a collection of the most Powerful Saweetie quotes:
50 Powerful Saweetie Quotes That’ll Motivate You
1. “After I graduated, I didn’t have the resources to go to the studio, which is why I then went to social media.” – Saweetie
2. “You have to be unapologetically yourself. Once I was able to be proud of myself, it came across in my music really clearly.” – Saweetie
3. “I’m the type of person where I’ll take on anything because I like to work so much.” – Saweetie
4. “I performed in high school for Black History Month at a talent show, but besides that, I didn’t have the resources to perform so I spent my time as a teenager writing music.” – Saweetie
5. “I was already writing poetry, so I transitioned from writing poetry a cappella to writing over beats, and it was way more exciting to me that way.” – Saweetie
6. “I make music for people to relate to and to connect with me. I want to tap into different emotions.” – Saweetie
7. “I think because I went to school and because I’m a student, I’m so open and I’m a sponge, and I just wanna learn everything to make sure everything is perfect.” – Saweetie
8. “I get extensions, but when they start to get spotty, I go buy wispy lashes and cut them up. I put them where the gaps are when I don’t have time to get a fill.” – Saweetie
9. “I know where I wanna end up. I’m ready to go, and I’m ready to learn. I’m ready to build, and I’m ready to establish my longevity.” – Saweetie
10th of 50 Saweetie Quotes
10. “Around the time that I was in high school, a lot of rappers were coming out with mixtapes of them rapping over other people’s instrumentals, specifically Young Money.” – Saweetie
11. “I went from being a hustler, working different jobs to renting rooms off Craigslist, and I just wasn’t happy.” – Saweetie
12. “What I love about my audience is it’s extremely diverse as far as the ethnicities and the ages that show up.” – Saweetie
13. “If I want to listen to myself as much as I want to listen to Drake or Beyonce, I feel like that’s a good sign.” – Saweetie
14. “I grew up dying my hair with Kool-Aid. I used to switch my hair up every day just to make myself look and feel good.” – Saweetie
15. “And I get so nervous now when it’s not my show like I’m not the headliner because I know that those fans are there for another artist. Many people might not know an upcoming artist, but I’ve grown to like those shows because if I can control a crowd that doesn’t know me, I’m doing my job as an entertainer. I have to rise to the occasion.” – Saweetie
16. “I enjoy the life I have now, but I also enjoy doing regular stuff. I can’t pull up to the club and stay outside no more. I can’t be at anybody’s table. A picture or video can go viral, and it can be misinterpreted.” – Saweetie
17. “With a lot of attention comes criticism, but I’ll take that. I’m reaching all the goals I’ve set for myself, so you can’t say anything bad about that.” – Saweetie
18. “I would describe my music as very honest. I just rap about myself, and not in a narcissistic way. I feel like I have a story to tell.” – Saweetie
19. “My grandma told me that to be wealthy you need at least seven streams of income, so that’s my goal. I have a big family. I want to take care of everybody.” – Saweetie
20th of 50 Saweetie Quotes
20. “I don’t want to be super serious but I want to have fun with my platform. I want to touch people, I want to be relatable and let girls know that you can go to college and still pursue what you want after that.” – Saweetie
21. “I welcome criticism. I come from a – I wouldn’t say mean, but you’ve got to have tough skin to be in my family.” – Saweetie
22. “We all want to be identified as someone cool, and I have struggled with repping where I’m from and my heritage before. It’s part of growing pains. But when people see me being proud of what I am – and they are what I am too – it makes them proud. That’s why I try to represent my Asian and my black side.” – Saweetie
23. “In the beginning, I took on every opportunity because I was so determined to get my name and music out there. You can get your sleep, but honestly, your brain needs a break, too, and so many people forget that.” – Saweetie
24. “I was working three jobs and going to school full time. I was really unhappy and I told myself, You are not this girl. This sounds corny but I would tell myself, You are an Icy Girl. I’m a confident person, but that was the first time I experienced insecurity and low self-esteem.” – Saweetie
25. “I encountered producers who wanted to hang out after we worked, and when I refused, they wouldn’t let me come back and work again… I would’ve have way more opportunities if I had succumbed. But it never felt right. I always felt like I was going to be successful, and I didn’t want to compromise my morals.” – Saweetie
26. “Although I had the label of being the ‘pretty girl rapper with a lot of followers,’ I just broke the rules.” – Saweetie
27. “I wish I could be more carefree. I grew up fast.” – Saweetie
28. “I finally decided to give music my all. If it didn’t work out and I had to move home, fine. I had to give it 100% first.” – Saweetie
29. “I feel like your partner should be supportive. The relationship should be healthy; it should be fun. For all my girls looking for their type, make sure it’s healthy and make sure that whoever it is, is making you a better you.” – Saweetie
30th of 50 Saweetie Quotes
30. “I’m normally getting glammed for my events and when I can give my skin a break, I do.” – Saweetie
31. “Especially as an artist, the creative freedom we have makes us who we are. We’re human beings-we’re gonna mess up sometimes. I definitely feel like people should continue being who they are. As long as you’re staying true to who you are, that’s super important.” – Saweetie
32. “It used to take me a really long time, and I used to not be able to write in the studio because I felt there was a lot of pressure to be perfect. The more I’m collaborating with other artists, the more I realize being in the studio is about catching a vibe.” – Saweetie
33. “I definitely come from a line of strong women. It’s not only like my mother and my grandmother, but my aunties too.” – Saweetie
34. “I grew up all around the Bay, but I spent most of my time in Hayward and I loved it. It was a really big apartment community, there was a whole bunch of kids.” – Saweetie
35. “I had to work a lot. I was doing YouTube videos, but I wasn’t getting a lot of love. How do I make a living off rapping when no one knows me? I got kind of discouraged. But hard work shuts people up.” – Saweetie
36. “I just love seeing my audience live, and I also love to see my peers perform because it inspires me to be a better performer as well.” – Saweetie
37. “When you’re a college student interested in music, you hear all these rappers talking about dropping out. For me, when I heard someone like J. Cole rapping about school and staying in school…it inspired me to keep going.” – Saweetie
38. “It’s crazy because ‘Icy Girl’ came when I was in a dark place, but I made it to motivate myself. It was kind of like my anthem for lifting up my spirits.” – Saweetie
39. “Growing up with a house full of women and seeing them look good no matter what they put on every morning just inspired me to look good myself.” – Saweetie
40th of 50 Saweetie Quotes
40. “High maintenance means a lot of care. My relationships are high maintenance, my body is high maintenance, and my soul is high maintenance. I really care about my friends and my family; I eat good; I pray a lot. So it’s like, I really care about my relationships with my family, my friends, my body and my soul.” – Saweetie
41. “People had boxed me in as a ‘pretty girl with followers that’s rapping,’ but I think my project and the work speaks for itself.” – Saweetie
42. “I’m a huge fan of hot Cheetos. I used to eat them for breakfast.” – Saweetie
43. “I feel like an EP is for practice and an album is the game.” – Saweetie
44. “I want to encourage the artists that haven’t made it that social media is the truth. I made it from Instagram to having a most-added song to radio.” – Saweetie
45. “My schedule is very busy, but when I get time to sit and think about all the great things that have happened to me, it’s just mind-blowing.” – Saweetie
46. “I like it to look natural, to be smooth, dewy glowy. I like my eyebrows to look nice and I love lip gloss. That’s essential to the Saweetie look.” – Saweetie
47. “I grew up listening to a lot of 2Pac and a lot of East Coast, West Coast rap; Bad Boy, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Biggie, 2Pac. Super hip-hop, super listening to that raw era of music.” – Saweetie
48. “I’ve been wanting to do music since I was 14, but like I’ve really always enjoyed giving speeches and I enjoy talking to people, so I was like, maybe I can be a newscaster.” – Saweetie
49. “It’s important for women to have each other’s backs. I’d like my label to give women the resources they need to flourish.” – Saweetie
50. “The experiences I go through… everything you hear in my lyrics is real. Good or bad, I take it all in and put it all on the mic.” – Saweetie
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Saweetie! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Saweetie quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...