What is Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$300 Million|
|Born:||November 15, 1945|
|Height:||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Norway|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Musician|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Anni-Frid Lyngstad, who is also known as Princess Anni-Frid Reuss, Dowager Countess of Plauen, is a professional singer and songwriter best known as a member of the Swedish pop group ABBA.
She enjoyed a successful solo career, and in 1992 married Prince Ruzzo Reuss, the Count of Plauen.
As of October 2022, Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s net worth is estimated to be $300 Million.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad Facts
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad believed her father had died during the war, but discovered in 1977 that he was actually still alive.
- Her daughter, Ann Lise-Lotte, was born in 1967, but tragically died in a car accident in New York at the age of 30.
- Her first major success with ABBA came in 1974, when the group won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song, Waterloo.
- A keen supporter of animal rights, Lyngstad performed live at the Stockholm Water Festival at the Kings Castle and released an environmental charity single.
- In 2015, she collaborated with Dan Daniell on the song 1865, which was about the Matterhorn.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad was born on November 15th, 1945, in Bjørkåsen, Ballangen, Norway, to her German father, Alfred, and Norwegian mother Synni.
She moved to Sweden’s Härjedalen region as a baby and was raised by her grandmother in Malmköping following her mother’s death from kidney failure.
Often singing in front of the class as a child, Lyngstad took singing lessons from Folke Andersson, a tenor singer, as well as partnering with a jazz band.
She became the vocalist for the Gunnar Sandevarn Trio in 1963, as well as formed her own band called the Anni-Frid Four.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s won the New Faces Swedish national talent competition in 1967, launching her professional singing career as a solo artist and releasing her debut solo album, Frida, in 1971.
The following year, she joined her boyfriend Benny Andersson, friend Björn Ulvaeus, and Agnetha Fältskog to form the pop group ABBA.
The group ABBA soon became one of the most successful pop groups in the world, selling hundreds of millions of albums and regularly topping the album charts.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad continued to release solo albums during this time and continued her solo career when ABBA disbanded in 1982.
She has worked with some of the biggest names in the music industry, collaborating with Phil Collins on her album, Something’s Going On, in 1982.
In 2004, she appeared alongside iconic singer Cher in a comedy skit for the Eurovision Song Contest.
More Professional Singers:
- Benny Andersson Net Worth
- Jose Carreras Net Worth
- Jon Bon Jovi Net Worth
- Brian May Net Worth
- Dorinda Clark Net Worth
- Lewis Capaldi Net Worth
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Career Earnings
As one of the richest singers in the world, Anni-Frid Lyngstad has regularly earned exceptionally high annual salaries for her many hit singles and albums.
Here’s an estimated overview of Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s career earnings:
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1973 – $273,000
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1974 – $1.4 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1975 – $9.9 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1976 – $9.27 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1977 – $2.7 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1979 – $4.8 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1992 – $27.9 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 1993 – $1.14 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 2001 – $2.3 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 2005 – $1.8 million
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 2010 – $104,000
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Salary In 2022 – $1 million
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s Net Worth Annually
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s net worth has seen considerable growth since she first began her career as a professional singer and songwriter.
Her early solo album was a huge success, while the international stardom gained from ABBA mean her wealth saw a huge overall increase.
Her post-ABBA career is characterized by ongoing success as a solo singer, while the release of the ABBA Greatest Hits CDs saw her net worth jump considerably.
Becoming a member of royalty in the 1990s has secured her position as one of the richest women in the world, with an impressive net worth to her name.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad married for the first time in 1964 to musician and salesman Ragnar Fredriksson, with whom she has two children.
In 1969 she met Benny Andersson, with the couple married in 1978 at the height of Abba’s success, divorcing just two years later.
Her marriage to one of the richest people in the world, architect Prince Heinrich Ruzzo of Reuss, Count of Plauen (1950–1999), member of the ancient House of Reuss, took place in 1992, granting her the title of Princess.
Awards & Achievements
Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s career has seen her recognized on many occasions for her contribution to music and her large number of record sales.
Here are some highlights from Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s career:
- 1964: Anni-Frid Lyngstad wins her first singing competition called Flugan, picking up Vocalist of the Year.
- 1967: After winning the Barnens Dag contest held at Skansen, Stockholm, she gets her debut appearance on television.
- 1982: Anni-Frid Lyngstad picks up the award for Best Female Artist at the Swedish Rockbjörnen music awards.
- 2010: Along with the other members of ABBA, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Barry Gibb and other members of The Bee Gees.
- 2014: For her pioneering career in the music industry, she is awarded the Eskilstuna Music Prize.
How Does Anni-Frid Lyngstad Spend His Money?
With her enormous net worth and consistent annual earnings, Anni-Frid Lyngstad has earned her place alongside the richest rockstars in the world and has a lifestyle to match.
During her marriage to Prince Heinrich Ruzzo de Reuss, Lyngstad resided in exceptionally well-appointed palaces and mansions.
She is also known for wearing high-quality clothing and jewelry featuring some of the most expensive precious metals in the world, including a valuable choker necklace.
With her outstanding career both as a singer for ABBA and a solo artist, Anni-Frid Lyngstad has enjoyed many high points over the years.
Here are some of the best highlights of Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s career:
- 1971: Working with EMI Sweden, Anni-Frid Lyngstad releases her first Swedish language album, Frida.
- 1972: She joins the band ABBA, releasing a long list of hit singles and albums over the following years.
- 1982: Anni-Frid Lyngstad returns to her solo career with the album Something’s Going On, which reaches the number 13 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
- 1996: Her Swedish language solo album Deep Breaths is a huge success in Sweden and reaches the number 1 spot on the Swedish charts.
- 2013: Anni-Frid Lyngstad helps with the launch of ABBA: The Museum in Stockholm.
Favorite Anni-Frid Lyngstad Quotes
While Anni-Frid Lyngstad is often reluctant to conduct lengthy interviews with the press, she has occasionally shared her opinions on music and life with her fans.
Here are our favorite quotes from Anni-Frid Lyngstad:
- “Benny and Bjorn, I suppose, already had an idea of which one was going to sing the lead. I mean, they knew perfectly well our ranges and which kind of voice they wanted on a specific song. And sometimes, I envied the choice of Agnetha, I must admit.” – Anni-Frid Lyngstad
- “I like to think of myself as being fashion-conscious without being a slave to fashion.” – Anni-Frid Lyngstad
- “Punk never got into my heart. You hear the anger now in rap, for example, but it’s different and I like that very much. Eminem is one of my favourites.” – Anni-Frid Lyngstad
- “Being rich and famous isn’t all happiness and at times the pressures have got to me.” – Anni-Frid Lyngstad
- “My commitment to environmentalism is not a hobby or a second job. It’s a way of life that comes right from my heart.” – Anni-Frid Lyngstad
3 Amazing Lessons From Anni-Frid Lyngstad
Now that you know all about Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s net worth, let’s see what valuable lessons we can learn from her about success and creativity.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Anni-Frid Lyngstad:
1. If Something Doesn’t Feel Right, Take A Break From It
While Anni-Frid Lyngstad was enjoying fame and fortune singing with ABBA, by the early 1980s the stress was becoming overwhelming.
She understood the need to take a step back, and the band broke up so the members could focus on their personal lives.
2. Try To Give A Little Back To The World
A committed environmentalist, Anni-Frid Lyngstad has spent a lot of time and effort supporting good causes.
While it can be easy to focus exclusively on success, it’s important to take the time to give back something more important.
3. Never Try To Second Guess How Your Life Will Turn Out
It can be easy to try and take full control of your life, but outside forces will always impact the way things turn out.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad went from successful singer to princess in a short space of time, something her younger self would never have predicted happening.
So there you have it, the life and career of Anni-Frid Lyngstad, covering her time with ABBA and her solo career that helped her achieve her impressive net worth.
With millions of records sold over her career, both as a member of ABBA and a solo artist, she’s continued to earn royalties along with other business ventures.
We’ll be updating this article in the future to bring you the most up-to-date details on her net worth, so be sure to check back again.
As of October 2022, Anni-Frid Lyngstad’s net worth is estimated to be $300 Million.