Which are your favorite Calista Flockhart quotes?
Calista Flockhart is an American actress.
She is best known for her appearances in the popular TV series Ally McBeal, Brothers & Sisters, and Supergirl.
She also has her name credited for roles in movies such as The Birdcage, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her.
Throughout her career, Flockhart has earned many prestigious film awards, including one Golden Globe Award, one Screen Actors Guild Award, and three Primetime Emmy Awards nominations.
Here’s a collection of the best Calista Flockhart quotes:
42 Calista Flockhart Quotes About Life & Acting
1. “But I don’t like to, tell people how old I am. I like that to be a mystery.” – Calista Flockhart
2. “Well, if my chores are done and there’s nothing more pressing and the weather’s good, I’ll go flying — I love to fly up there — or walk in the woods, do some work, ride my road bike or mountain bike.” – Calista Flockhart
3. “I embrace everything about Ally… I don’t particularly see her as a whiner. One week she’s tough, the next she’s really weak. I love that. She’s human.” – Calista Flockhart
4. “Well, I don’t think I’ve ever consciously come up with tricks and tools to, kind of, hide. I do think I’m a bit more vigilant, in terms of safety issues and things. And sometimes it is kind of nice to try to hold onto your anonymity.” – Calista Flockhart
5. “Every year you work in Hollywood takes a year off your soul.” – Calista Flockhart
6. “The only real indulgence was buying a house. That was a pretty big step.” – Calista Flockhart
7. “I don’t watch the show – only bits and pieces of all of them. The only one I sat through was the pilot.” – Calista Flockhart
8. “I’ve never told anyone how old I am. The minute they ask me, I say ‘That’s none of your business.’ So that means I’ve never once lied about my age. Now that’s true!” – Calista Flockhart
9. “I’ve had a couple of long relationships. And I’ve had a couple of shorter relationships.” – Calista Flockhart
10th of 42 Calista Flockhart Quotes
10. “Even the simple act of turning your page at the right time, and to the right scene, is all very complicated, but also thrilling.” – Calista Flockhart
11. “Webster and I are very aloof. The two of us go and sit there by ourselves. I sit by myself in the corner with my book and the newspaper. He kind of runs around a little bit, and then he goes and sits on top of the picnic table. He never plays with other little dogs.” – Calista Flockhart
12. “Sometimes when you play a character, you can feel it in your body. And I felt like I had characteristics of my dog: the way Webster moves, the way he holds his head. I kind of adapted it into this part unconsciously.” – Calista Flockhart
13. “I do wish my breasts were bigger. Not big… but less small.” – Calista Flockhart
14. “Whenever you move, I think you lose your history.” – Calista Flockhart
15. “I am definitely a dog person. I feel like Webster and I are very much alike.” – Calista Flockhart
16. “Actually, I take it as a compliment. Diva is a derivative of divine. That’s quite a title to carry around.” – Calista Flockhart
17. “I’ve been doing a lot of hiking, which I love.” – Calista Flockhart
18. “But it kills me, this fascination with celebrities’ personal lives.” – Calista Flockhart
19. “You have to look out towards the audience, and if you turn your head your voice shoots in a different direction and isn’t recorded. That goes against every instinct I have because I always want to look at my fellow actors.” – Calista Flockhart
20th of 42 Calista Flockhart Quotes
20. “Just remember, when you’re with me you’re not the strangest person in the room. Go ahead, get weird on me.” – Calista Flockhart
21. “I have a lot of acquaintances, but my very good close friends are few I can count my very good friends on one hand. And that’s how I like it to be.” – Calista Flockhart
22. “Shows can come and go. They can be a hit and then in three years, gone.” – Calista Flockhart
23. “I hated every bit of attention on my weight and size. Even now, I can’t put into words what exactly happened.” – Calista Flockhart
24. “So people think I’m lying about my age all the time? It’s the records that are wrong.” – Calista Flockhart
25. “When I was growing up, my family was always moving. I had to meet new people all the time. And they’d laugh.” – Calista Flockhart
26. “The way the world underestimates me will be my greatest weapon.” – Calista Flockhart
27. “I think, on a frame like mine, if I lose a few pounds, it makes a big difference. ” – Calista Flockhart
28. “I’m close with my parents.” – Calista Flockhart
29. “No, I am who I am. I’m not going to change for anybody.” – Calista Flockhart
30th of 42 Calista Flockhart Quotes
30. “I just can’t eat without my sunglasses.” – Calista Flockhart
31. “It’s so funny how my name has always been such a big deal.” – Calista Flockhart
32. “And when I first came out from New York, I hadn’t driven in a long time. Now I’m like Joe Speedster.” – Calista Flockhart
33. “It’s exhilarating and also overwhelming. I think last year I was terrified five minutes before we walked out on stage because recording live for radio has a whole set of rules.” – Calista Flockhart
34. “I like to hike with my dog, Webster. It helps clear my mind.” – Calista Flockhart
35. “Whenever I get depressed, I raise my hemlines. If things don’t change, I am bound to be arrested.” – Calista Flockhart
36. “A lot of the tabloid stories are written so well, they’re very clever and very funny. But you have to focus on what’s really important and not read them – don’t dive into it and don’t get caught up in it.” – Calista Flockhart
37. “It’s a fun, low-key way to get into a room with talented actors and directors, and have a great time reading a classic, wonderful play.” – Calista Flockhart
38. “There’s some comfort in having the stability of a job and having children. It’s a double-edged sword.” – Calista Flockhart
39. “On her extreme thinness during her ‘Ally McBeal’ years: “I started under-eating, over-exercising, pushing myself too hard, and brutalizing my immune system. I guess I just didn’t find time to eat. I am much more healthy these days.” – Calista Flockhart
40th of 42 Calista Flockhart Quotes
40. “I think that the character that I’m playing now is so fundamentally different than Ally that I haven’t I haven’t felt like I had to worry about it at all. But I definitely wanted to make a different choice.” – Calista Flockhart
41. “What I say now is that the way the world underestimates me will be my greatest weapon. People pat me on the head, and I go to myself, oh, and aren’t they going to be surprised.” – Calista Flockhart
42. “This time around, I have a slightly – and I use slightly as an operative word – better idea of how it all works.” – Calista Flockhart
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Calista Flockhart!
Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Want to know how Calista Flockhart spends her money? Check out her net worth.