What is Carl Cox’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$16 Million|
|Born:||July 29, 1962|
|Height:||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Carl Cox is a British dj and music producer who began DJing as a teenager, becoming one of the most celebrated performers working in the house and techno genres.
An icon of the early rave scene, his career includes residencies at some of the biggest venues in the world, and hugely popular radio shows, including BBC Radio One’s Essential Mix.
As of October 2022, Carl Cox’s net worth is estimated to be $16 Million.
Carl Cox Facts
- When he began DJing in the late 1970s, most of his gigs were for weddings, birthday parties, and other small-scale events.
- After moving into house and techno DJ sets, he became one of the first DJs to use a three-deck setup, adding another turntable to the traditional rig.
- At the height of its popularity, his global radio show was drawing in around 17 million weekly listeners.
- His record collection is impressive, with Cox owning an estimated 150,000 pieces of vinyl, and counting.
- In 2016, Cox performed at the Houses of Parliament, as part of a charity fundraiser by the LNADJ Foundation.
Carl Cox was born on 29th July 1962, in Oldham, and spent most of his early life in the south London district of Carshalton.
In his late teens, Cox moved to Brighton, finding work as a mobile DJ and finding a passion for disco music, which led to his discovery of Chicago house music.
By the 1980s, Carl Cox was enjoying success as a main stage DJ in the British rave scene, performing at some of the most iconic events of the era such as the Shoom night set up by Danny Rampling.
By the early 1990s, he was releasing music through the Perfecto label set up by Paul Oakenfold, embracing techno and other harder genres ideally suited to nightclubs.
Residencies at Space in Ibiza, Spain, and appearances at some of the biggest festivals in the world, including Creamfields and Ultra Music Festival saw Cox catapulted into the mainstream.
Over the course of his career, Carl Cox has played alongside some of the richest DJs in the world, as well as headlining at major nightclubs and music festivals.
Hacienda, the Eclipse, Heaven, and Fantazia are just some of the legendary venues where Cox has performed to huge crowds of fans.
He appeared alongside Martin Garrix in the documentary, What We Started, and also had a minor role in Human Traffic, the 1999 movie exploring the dance music subculture in the UK.
More Professional DJs:
Carl Cox’s Career Earnings
Carl Cox has earned a consistently high salary, with revenue from multiple sources over the course of his career.
Sales from his singles and numerous compilation albums and mixes, combined with his salary for nightclub residencies, ensure a regular income.
His estimated annual salary of between $643,000 and $2 million will include earnings from his radio shows and other business ventures, for instance, his record label, Intec Records.
Carl Cox’s Net Worth Annually
With a consistent career in the music industry that includes regular gigs with various nightclubs and a steady stream of new releases through his label, Carl Cox’s net worth has continued to grow.
In addition to revenue generated through his official Carl Cox website, in 2021, it was revealed that Cox had signed to BMG Records, further enhancing his income and overall net worth.
Cox has performed regular concerts, with double-digit appearances in several recent years, meaning his net worth growth is unlikely to slow down any time soon.
Little is known about Carl Cox’s personal life, with the professional DJ and music producer preferring to keep a low profile.
Cox has been residing in Hove, a seaside resort located in the southeast of England.
This puts Cox in the vicinity of several famous English music stars, notably Fatboy Slim, with whom he has collaborated on music in the past.
Awards & Achievements
With his career beginning in the 1980s and continuing to this day, Carl Cox has been widely recognized by the dance music industry as one of the hottest talents around.
Here are some highlights from Carl Cox’s career:
- 1994-5: At the International Dance Music Awards, Carl Cox wins DJ of the Year, also picking up the award the following year.
- 1996-7: At the DJ Magazine Awards, he places in the top spot of the World’s Top 100 DJs for two years running.
- 2000: Cox wins first of many accolades from the DJ Awards, winning Best Set of the Season.
- 2001: At the NME Awards, Carl Cox wins the award for Best Club DJ.
- 2018: Carl Cox picks up another award from the International Dance Music Awards, winning Best Male Artist (Underground).
How Does Carl Cox Spend His Money?
As an internationally renowned DJ with several decades of experience in the music industry, Carl Cox is in a unique position to lead a lavish lifestyle.
He’s passionate about cars and has a broad selection of classic vehicles in his collection, including a Ford Mustang, Range Rover, and a sporty McLaren 675 LT.
He’s also a keen motorbike collector and owns some of the best-naked motorcycles in the world, as well as a Moto GP-spec Ducati Desmosedici and an MV Agusta F4 Claudio.
Carl Cox has performed at every top-of-the-line nightclub in the world, and his music is widely regarded as among the very best house and techno ever released.
Here are some of the best highlights of Carl Cox’s career:
- 1987: Carl Cox gets his first taste of the electronic music scene in the rave era, performing at Danny Rampling’s Shoom night in London.
- 1995: He begins his role as manager of the Velvet Underground club on Charing Cross Road in London, which proves to be one of the most iconic nightclubs of the time.
- 1999: At the Millennium event on New Year’s Eve, Cox performs a live set in Sydney, Australia, before flying over the International Date Line to celebrate the new year in Hawaii.
- 2001: Cox begins his residency at Space Ibiza, a run which lasted until 2016, with Cox playing at the club’s closing night.
- 2017: Carl Cox is named the global ambassador of Ultra Music Festival’s techno and house music concept.
Favorite Carl Cox Quotes
While Carl Cox might be reluctant to speak openly about his personal life, when it comes to waxing lyrical about the music he’s offered plenty of wise words on the subject.
Here are our favorite quotes from Carl Cox:
- “EDM’s an entry-level to dance music, and I’m very happy about that. We fought so long for dance music to be respected there. EDM’s a sound America has latched onto, but once people start going left and right of that scene, they’re going to find their Art Departments, their Loco Dices, and their Sven Vaths – and that’s a really good place to be” – Carl Cox
- “Your favorite artist was once a local artist. Don’t wait for them to blow up to start supporting” – Carl Cox
- “You can’t really keep your eye on the prize, you just have to do what feels best for you, whether you’re playing drum n bass, techno, trap or whatever.” – Carl Cox
- “I knew that music was something that I would nurture and develop into something. Basically, I created my own monster!” – Carl Cox
- “It’s all about respect, respect for the music, respect for the DJs, respect for the crowd, and respect for each other. It’s all music, music never separates people.” – Carl Cox
3 Amazing Lessons From Carl Cox
Now that you know all about Carl Cox’s net worth, let’s see what we can learn from his experiences in the music industry and commitment to breaking down boundaries.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Carl Cox:
1. If You Want Full Control Of Your Music Set Up Your Own Label
Carl Cox has been able to enjoy complete creative control over his music through working with the best labels around.
Setting up his own labels, however, has opened up more creative opportunities for the DJ to try out new things.
2. Don’t Become Pigeonholed In One Genre Of Music
Aspiring DJs can often find themselves trapped in a particular style and playing to the same audience.
The best DJs avoid this by switching up the genres they play and taking a more eclectic approach to their sets.
3. You Don’t Have To Share Everything With The Public
If you’re lucky enough to become as rich and famous as Carl Cox, chances are you’ll get plenty of media attention.
While some stars enjoy the limelight, Cox has shown that it’s okay to keep to yourself and live a quieter life.
That wraps up this overview of Carl Cox’s net worth, from his origins as a mobile DJ to his international jet-setting lifestyle as one of the world’s hottest DJs.
As well as mastering DJing, Cox has proven himself to be a fantastic music producer, with a discography full of dancefloor classics.
With his career showing no signs of slowing down, his net worth is expected to grow, so check back on this article at a later date for our updates.
As of October 2022, Carl Cox’s net worth is estimated to be $16 Million.