What is Judge Jules’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$42 Million|
|Born:||October 26, 1966|
|Height:||1.66 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional DJ|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Julius O’Riordan, better known by his stage name Judge Jules, is a British dance music DJ, producer, and entertainment lawyer who has made a huge net worth using his varied talents.
Voted the best DJ in the world by DJ Mag in 1995, Judge Jules has risen to become one of the most successful DJs in the music industry.
As of October 2022, Judge Jules’s net worth is estimated to be $42 Million.
Judge Jules Facts
- Judge Jules got his name because he holds a law degree from the London School of Economics.
- Aside from being a DJ, Jules also plays the saxophone and is responsible for the theme tune of the 1990s TV show “This Morning.”
- Judge Jules has released music under numerous aliases, including Angelic, Hi-Gate, Megadrone, and Dattman.
- Over the course of his career, Judge Jules has released over 200 tracks, including 15 that have landed in the UK Top 40 charts.
- In Ibiza, Jules has the longest-standing residency of any artist, having spent 16 years performing on the island.
Julius O’Riordan was born October 26, 1966, in London, and he attended Highgate Wood Secondary School in North London as a child.
As he got older, O’Riordan transferred to University College School, an independent boys’ school in Hampstead, later enrolling at the London School of Economics, where he pursued a law degree.
During his time at university, O’Riordan began hosting his own parties where he would DJ, and because he was studying law, he earned the name Judge Jules.
After university, Judge Jules began DJing professionally in 1987 at Club Valentino in Colchester, Essex, where he quickly started hosting sold-out shows.
During his time as a club DJ, he caught the attention of the pirate radio station Kiss and ended up being hired by them.
By 1997, Jules had accepted a job with BBC Radio 1, where he hosted a radio show on Saturday nights.
While at the station, Judge Jules played everything from commercial contemporary dance music to underground tracks that weren’t heard anywhere else.
In 2007, his radio show was moved to Saturday mornings, but because of his work as a live DJ, his segments ended up being pre-recorded due to schedule conflicts.
Although he spent a long time with BBC Radio 1, at the same time, he was also performing seasonal events in Ibiza at the Eden Club and mixing CDs for the Ministry of Sound.
In 2012, Jules signed with Paul Van Dyk and the VANDIT Records label to release the songs “The Attack” and “Give Me A Reason.”
From 2012 to 2018, Jules worked as an associate at Sheridans Law Firm in the Music Group, later leaving to join Sound Advice LLP as an entertainment lawyer, where he used his 30 years of industry experience to help clients.
While being a lawyer is his full-time job, he still finds time to tour and regularly makes appearances in Ibiza and at Zero Gravity in Dubai.
More Professional DJs:
Judge Jules’s Career Earnings
As one of the richest DJs in the world, Judge Jules brings home a lot of money every year from his music and law career.
While we don’t know exactly how much he earns every year, we do have some information about his various sources of income.
- As an active lawyer, it is likely that Judge Jules makes a decent amount every year from consultations and individual cases.
- Judge Jules performs numerous shows yearly, each of which nets him a solid income.
- As a record producer, it’s estimated that he received between 250-300 submissions from artists weekly, giving him a lot of financial stability from his personal label.
While he may not be as wealthy as Calvin Harris, Judge Jules certainly has many sources of income that allow his net worth to continue steadily increasing.
Judge Jules has lived in North London for most of his life, and he now resides in the Hampstead area with his wife and two children.
Jules married his longtime partner Amanda in 1998, and together they have two children, Jake and Phoebe.
Although he doesn’t post about his personal life often, Jules is active on his official Instagram account, often posting photos from his shows.
Judge Jules also has his own official YouTube account, where he posts live music and videos from events he’s hosted.
Awards & Achievements
As a successful DJ, Judge Jules has won many awards during his long career in the music industry.
Here are some highlights from Judge Jules’s career:
- In 1995, Judge Jules was voted the No. 1 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine.
- Judge Jules was voted Best DJ at the Muzik Awards in 1999.
- At the Smirnoff Dance Star Awards, Judge Jules won Best Radio DJ in 2000.
- Judge Jules won Best Trance DJ at the DJ Awards in 2001.
- In 2006, Judge Jules was the winner of Best Ibiza Trance DJ at the Ibiza Dance Awards.
How Does Judge Jules Spend His Money?
While he may not flaunt his wealth as much as Marshmello, he has given fans some insight into how luxuriously he lives.
Aside from owning a home in the Hampstead area of North London, Jules also owns a villa in Ibiza, where he lives during the summer months.
Although we don’t have any concrete details about these two homes, we can imagine that they are quite glamorous!
Jules has also said that his wife Amanda is fond of taking vacations to rather glamorous destinations, and the pair often travel across the world in between shows.
Here are some of the best highlights of Judge Jules’s career:
- Judge Jules officially started on the radio in 1997, hosting a show on Radio 1.
- Judge Jules worked with designers to create his own clothing line called Heroes and Villians in 2008.
- In 2016, Jules launched his own record label, Judgement Records, which he uses to produce his own music and promote new talent.
- Jules released an original Loopmasters sample pack titled “Judge Jules Essential Big Room House” in 2017.
- In 2018, Judge Jules joined Sound Advice LLP, working as an entertainment lawyer.
Favorite Judge Jules Quotes
Judge Jules doesn’t just make great beats, but he’s said several significant things throughout his career.
Here are our favorite quotes from Judge Jules:
- “I’ve done 5000 gigs, I’ve released a stack of records, and not in a big-headed way, I’ve done it all when it comes to DJing.” – Judge Jules
- “There’s been a lot of DJs that have had shorter careers who I’ve known well, who have just sort of slightly fallen out of love with it, not necessarily out of love with music, just pulled out the love of going out and performing.” – Judge Jules
- “The music isn’t enough, artists need to kind of generate aesthetics themselves.” – Judge Jules
- “We live in an era of collaborations, and it’s a bit like slinging mud at the wall and seeing what sticks.” – Judge Jules
- “But my philosophy always has been and always will be “you’re only as good as your last set.” So no resting on one’s laurels, just give your give 100% every time.” – Judge Jules
3 Amazing Lessons From Judge Jules
Now that you know all about Judge Jules’s net worth, we can take a closer look at what we can learn from his successful career about reaching our own goals.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Judge Jules:
1. Always Give 100%
No matter what you do, make sure to always give 100% if you want to be successful.
If you give any less than your best, it will show, and you’ll be much less likely to get ahead.
2. Don’t Be Afraid To Collaborate
As a DJ, Judge Jules has collaborated with a lot of other artists throughout his career, and it has undoubtedly helped him become more successful.
Collaborating with others can be a great way to get ahead, and it can open the door to many opportunities that you may not have found otherwise.
3. Do What You Love
If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.
While we can’t always do exactly what we love to become successful, that doesn’t mean you can use your passions as a side hustle or a hobby.
Finding a way to do something that you love is a great way to stay motivated.
Judge Jules is one of the wealthiest and most successful DJs in the industry, and he has shown no signs of retiring any time soon.
While he may not be the richest DJ in the world, he may very well snag that title in the future as his net worth continues to increase.
Be sure to check back often to see just how wealthy Judge Jules will become!
As of October 2022, Judge Jules’s net worth is estimated to be $42 Million.