Which are your favorite Crispin Glover quotes?
Crispin Glover is an American actor, filmmaker, musician, and author. He is best known for starring in some of the Hollywood big-hit movies, such as ‘Back to the Future’, ‘Bartleby’, and ‘Charlie’s Angels”. He is especially remarked for successfully portraying eccentric characters in these popular movies.
Glover began to venture into filmmaking and writing when he started his own company Volcanic Eruptions in the late 1980s. His company serves as the publishing platform for his books as well as the production company for his films, some of which are ‘What Is It’ and ‘It Is Fine! Everything Is Fine’.
Here’s a collection of the most famous Crispin Glover quotes:
50 Famous Crispin Glover Quotes About Life
1. “But there’s a difference between having artistic interests and being psychotic. That’s more than a fine line of differentiation, and I do see that a bit too much.” – Crispin Glover
2. “In the past, I’ve never tried to discount or stop what people are saying because on some levels I find it interesting.” – Crispin Glover
3. “They are loud animals (peacocks). Particularly in the mating season, spring. They’re beautiful, though.” – Crispin Glover
4. “My cat can eat a whole watermelon.” – Crispin Glover
5. “My interest in music tends toward being orchestral music. And the repertoire of music that exists is, to me, far more emotive than what is standardly used in movie scores. That isn’t always. I think there’ve been some excellent movie scores by excellent directors. But for the most part, watching a film, one of today’s movies, I think that the emotional undertone of movie scores is pretty poor.” – Crispin Glover
6. “I like to eat and the only thing I’ve ever been addicted to in my life is sugar.” – Crispin Glover
7. “It’s frustrating when people get upset with me about not going out to DVD – the reason is that I plan to tour with the films for many, many years, not just a month or a week. Literally years. And as soon as I would put it out on DVD, it would ruin the financial possibilities of me making it a theatrical event. Whereas the book, the publishing of a screenplay, would not cause that problem.” – Crispin Glover
8. “I think 98 percent of our films are either actual, genuine propaganda or distractions.” – Crispin Glover
9. “Realism is always subjective in film. There’s no such thing as cinema verite. The only true cinema verite would be what Andy Warhol did with his film about the Empire State Building – eight hours or so from one angle, and even then it’s not really cinema verite, because you aren’t actually there.” – Crispin Glover
10th of 50 Crispin Glover Quotes
10. “Ireland’s just a place…people go there all the time.” – Crispin Glover
11. “For me, listening to Beethoven and Tchaikovsky in particular, there’s an emotional aspect – very different kinds of emotional aspects from those two composers, nonetheless, very strong emotional aspects from both of those composers.” – Crispin Glover
12. “Business interests are able to have influence on politics, which, of course, should be protested.” – Crispin Glover
13. “I was always relatively uncomfortable with television. I don’t regret having done it, but I essentially stopped doing it after being a teenager.” – Crispin Glover
14. “A geek by definition is somebody who eats live animals. I’ve never eaten live animals.” – Crispin Glover
15. “Well, I don’t like to start getting into too much detail. But, business interests have a lot of control over what is happening in our culture — the media and academia and politics.” – Crispin Glover
16. “Well, when I was 18, 19, and 20, I had three separate occasions where there were times when they wanted to develop situation comedies around me. It’s a true thing.” – Crispin Glover
17. “Eccentric doesn’t bother me. ‘Eccentric’ being a poetic interpretation of a mathematical term meaning something that doesn’t follow the lines – that’s okay.” – Crispin Glover
18. “I was never really that comfortable with publicity.” – Crispin Glover
19. “The books I made, most of those books were made in the ’80s or early ’90s. I was reacting emotionally at that time; it wasn’t an intellectual thing. I didn’t make those things for public presentation; those were for my friends. So I wasn’t doing this to be an advocate for what I’m talking about right about now. But I’m realizing I was working properly as an artist, or whatever you want to call it, as somebody that naturally was inquisitive.” – Crispin Glover
20th of 50 Crispin Glover Quotes
20. “The château does have a formal garden—there’s about 20 acres. It has an aristocratic heritage, and having peacocks is something that is often done on aristocratic properties—or was historically done.” – Crispin Glover
21. “We had a fun time working together. The first thing we, I think, talked about was what your character felt like around my character. Or something. And we also discovered that we both like to rehearse. Which, not all actors do. But, we got along very well. ” – Crispin Glover
22. “You would think, in an ideal world, that if you were in a really good film and did a really good job, whether it was a big film or not, you would get hired a lot; but that is not my experience.” – Crispin Glover
23. “People watch movies – and it’s vague ideas, it’s vague notions, but people pick up on these things, that they are supposed to think certain ways or that they’re not supposed to think, basically, and they don’t.” – Crispin Glover
24. “At first, as an actor, I had a different philosophy about it: My initial idea was to never do any publicity at all.” – Crispin Glover
25. “I’m quite frugal. The only things that I have that are frivolous expenditures are some antique cars that I bought on eBay.” – Crispin Glover
26. “Well, the thing that I say in media, which we’re in right now — what I always answer is, “I neither confirm nor deny that I was ever on the David Letterman show.” Which, of course, there’s a sense of humor to it — you can make what you want. When people ask me at my shows, I go into a lot of detail about anything. But, in media, that’s what I always say.” – Crispin Glover
27. “The United States has its own propaganda, but it’s very effective because people don’t realize that it’s propaganda. And it’s subtle, but it’s actually a much stronger propaganda machine than the Nazis had but it’s funded in a different way.” – Crispin Glover
28. “You know, when I tour with my own films — my first film is called “What Is It” — and most of the actors in the film have Down syndrome. But the film is not about Down syndrome at all.” – Crispin Glover
29. “I’m OK because what’s really made me especially aware of why it’s important is because I make my own films.” – Crispin Glover
30th of 50 Crispin Glover Quotes
30. “I invest my money in properties or in the films I make or these [limited-edition art] books that I published.” – Crispin Glover
31. “A good thing to live by is to go after what truly interests you.” – Crispin Glover
32. “I’ve never really had a problem with that because, in terms of my own life, because I actually lead a fairly—I won’t say conservative, but I have to be pretty businesslike in the things that I do.” – Crispin Glover
33. “Well, I think there is a persona that has been put forth that was etched out pretty firmly in the ’80s—an eccentricity or an unusual quality.” – Crispin Glover
34. “I don’t want to get overly political, but that Occupy movement that’s going on — of course, it’s confusing because it can mean a lot of different things — but the part I agree with about that movement is there is a legalized bribery that’s happening.” – Crispin Glover
35. “I only knew that I was going to do it in the last week before shooting. I arrived the day before to do wardrobe. I tour with my own films that I make and I was a little bit distracted, frankly, and there were things that I wasn’t quite sure about when I first read it. ” – Crispin Glover
36. “I mean, when I started acting, my concept about publicity … my interest was just to be an actor.” – Crispin Glover
37. “When I started acting in the film industry when I was 16 years old, in 1980, I was going to all the revival theaters in Los Angeles. They were playing mostly films from the ’60s and ’70s, some from the early ’20s and ’30s, before that Hays commission. Those films did question things a lot, and there definitely was a switch in 1934. You can see very distinctly in 1934, it’s harder to understand what the real culture was. Films made before 1934, you can really kind of see the racism, sexism, drug use, etc. that was going on at that time. And then it was all stopped.” – Crispin Glover
38. “People don’t know the actuality of many things about me. I feel like it’s just better to just leave it alone.” – Crispin Glover
39. “The reason I started talking about that is that I always felt this, even when I was a teenager. And it’s especially true in television. There’s so much effect on what the content is. And I don’t mean to say things negatively 100 percent.” – Crispin Glover
40th of 50 Crispin Glover Quotes
40. “I started out as an actor but now I act to fund my own productions. I’ve managed to separate my mindset.” – Crispin Glover
41. “My first book that I published was this book [Glover pulls out the book], Rat Catching, in 1988.” – Crispin Glover
42. “As soon as anybody puts anything on film, it automatically has a point of view, and it’s somebody else’s point of view, and it’s impossible for it to be yours.” – Crispin Glover
43. “It’s an old château that was built in the 1600s. It’s a historical monument. I don’t live there all the time—I use it to make my films.” – Crispin Glover
44. “Well, I understand where it’s like, “Oh, Crispin Glover, what’s the easiest thing to write about? What’s the most entertaining? He’s crazy.” And I know that’s what I’m going to have written about me, most likely. It is a part of the characters that I play, things that I put forth—I understand why it’s easy for that to be the discussion. But as you can see, sitting here: I’m not.” – Crispin Glover
45. “A basic thing is that people think I’m psychotic. I’m not. I never have been and I never, I hope, will be. So that would be one pretty basic element.” – Crispin Glover
46. “I loved working with Michael and Charlie — it’s a fun film and all of that, but I really am passionate about finding my own things.” – Crispin Glover
47. “There are certain things that I have not discussed because I know the nature of how media works, and if they are not really discussed in the proper fashion, they would be maligned.” – Crispin Glover
48. “I was raised as an only child, so I have a lot of tolerance—and I, in fact, like staying to myself to a certain extent.” – Crispin Glover
49. “I like getting older. When you’re in your twenties you’re really forging for your future. Things take shape later on.” – Crispin Glover
50. “I still have a reputation as an eccentric. But the fact is that audiences probably mix up my roles with me as a person.” – Crispin Glover
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Crispin Glover! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Crispin Glover quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...