Which are the best Florence Pugh quotes?
Florence Pugh is an English actress born and raised in Oxfordshire. She lived in Andalusia, Spain for part of her childhood. While still in school, Pugh made her professional acting debut in the mystery drama ‘The Falling’.
Pugh has appeared in movies like ‘Lady Macbeth’, ‘Outlaw King’, ‘Fighting with My Family’, and ‘Midsommar’. She has received Academy Award and BAFTA Award nominations.
Here’s a collection of the most inspirational Florence Pugh quotes:
21 Strong & Inspirational Florence Pugh Quotes
1. “I don’t think I’m going to be an international sex symbol. I mean, I know I’m not going to be an international sex symbol.” – Florence Pugh
2. “I think there’s always some good reason to try and modernize most period things, because, at the end of the day, they may have, I suppose, used a different language or a different etiquette, but ultimately, these are still people that loved and breathed and lived and ate and weed and pooed just like we do now.” – Florence Pugh
3. “It’s always shocking when you see a modern woman in a period storyline. It doesn’t make sense.” – Florence Pugh
4. “When I look for roles, I am looking for incredibly powerful women.” – Florence Pugh
5. “I am learning on every job I do. There is something new every time.” – Florence Pugh
6. “I think it’s so interesting which ways your career can go. I would have been a completely different actor doing a completely different story, and I would have missed ‘Lady Macbeth.'” – Florence Pugh
7. “In order for us to appreciate this world, we have to be a bit more honest, and I hope I do that.” – Florence Pugh
8. “What audiences love with series is that they can invest in characters for such a long period of time, and it’s the same for actors. You can truly tell your story; then it’s done.” – Florence Pugh
9. “What I’ve noticed about Hollywood is, if you go out there shouting about who you are, they will love you for it. But if you go out not knowing what it is that you’re representing, and you are just a canvas, they will make you into the thing they need you to be.” – Florence Pugh
10th of 21 Florence Pugh Quotes
10. “I always hate it when I see the wrong person in massive roles, so for me, my biggest fear would be accepting a role I thought I wouldn’t find the rhythm of.” – Florence Pugh
11. “I like a role where some of the character’s motivations are confusing or at least interesting.” – Florence Pugh
12. “If I can make my mark just a little bit, then great.” – Florence Pugh
13. “We’re learning things every decade we grow through, and ultimately, you do end up with a different way of looking at things.” – Florence Pugh
14. “During the Me Too breakthrough, I was hanging out with Emma Thompson and Emily Watson – two people I’ve looked up to my entire life. Talking to those women was so empowering.” – Florence Pugh
15. “I grew up in a very loud and dramatic household, and we loved being in the spotlight.” – Florence Pugh
16. “I wanted to go to drama school, but when I got the part in ‘Falling,’ I got an agent, so it seemed a good idea to work. I always did a lot of singing and dancing, so I am glad it worked out that way. I would like to study stage acting at some point, though.” – Florence Pugh
17. “There’s always going to be pressure, and there’s always going to be an area where you disappoint. As a storyteller, you have to understand that.” – Florence Pugh
18. “As an actor, it’s very interesting to make the audience love you while you are doing horrendous things.” – Florence Pugh
19. “I don’t want to feel like I have to change myself or my image.” – Florence Pugh
20th of 21 Florence Pugh Quotes
20. “I want women on-screen that we all either want to be, or we know, or we recognize.” – Florence Pugh
21. “Someone asked if I wanted to be the first female Bond, and I was saying that I don’t think we necessarily need that whole conversation.” – Florence Pugh
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Florence Pugh! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.