Haley Joel Osment is an American actor who is best known for his role as Cole Sear in the thriller film ‘The Sixth Sense’ which earned Osment an ‘Academy Award nomination’ for ‘Best Supporting Actor’.
Osment makes his debut in Hollywood at such a young age. He has appeared in leading roles in several high-profile Hollywood films, including ‘Steven Spielberg’s A.I. Artificial Intelligence’ and ‘Pay It Forward’.
In 2019, Osment had a supporting role in the Netflix film ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile’ and also appeared as the character ‘Mesmer’ in the Amazon series ‘The Boys’.
Here’s a collection of the most humbling Haley Joel Osment quotes:
21 Humbling Haley Joel Osment Quotes
1. “I like normal stuff people fear – like spiders and heights. I’m frightened by the unknown, by things that are hard to figure out and get a grip on.” – Haley Joel Osment
2. “Just keep learning from the role and not just go for the money.” – Haley Joel Osment
3. “People hear the examples of kids who work when they’re young, have bad experiences, and then have a rough life after that, but a lot of it is just about the people around you.” – Haley Joel Osment
4. “When I was a little kid, I loved imagining things. I’d go outside and put on a cape and just imagine I was somebody else.” – Haley Joel Osment
5. “Having that college experience and a social life that didn’t revolve around Hollywood was absolutely crucial.” – Haley Joel Osment
6. “I’m not a stand-up comedian. I’m not an improv person or anything, but I’ve always been a fan of that stuff.” – Haley Joel Osment
7. “One of the cool things about getting to audition for things on short notice is that it teaches you to memorize efficiently. So I’ve never been afraid of getting text down quickly.” – Haley Joel Osment
8. “What I like least about acting is that when you’re only in one place, you’re missing the other part of life.” – Haley Joel Osment
9th of 21 of Haley Joel Osment Quotes
9. “When you get lucky, as I did getting to work on a series of amazing films, one of the drawbacks career-wise is that the image of you at 10 or 12 or whatever is burned into people’s minds for a long time.” – Haley Joel Osment
10. “For me, choice is the most important thing because I’m going to be an adult actor pretty soon. So I’ve got to be choosing the right roles now so that by the time I get to that age there will be wide options available.” – Haley Joel Osment
11. “I went to the Experimental Theater Wing at NYU and wrote and directed a small amount of stuff there.” – Haley Joel Osment
12. “My favorite place is Central Park because you never know what you’re going to find there. I also like that when I look out the windows of surrounding hotels, it seems like I’m looking out over a forest.” – Haley Joel Osment
13. “There’s so much to learn about acting and performance in general… I mean, acting is a very complex art, and there are a lot more theories and methods and techniques to it than I think anybody would think.” – Haley Joel Osment
14. “Every character I approach, from ‘Forrest Gump’ all the way up to ‘The Spoils Before Dying,’ has a different set of requirements and always fascinates me.” – Haley Joel Osment
15. “I think a lot of actors will tell you that playing a villain can be more fun than playing the straight and narrow good guy.” – Haley Joel Osment
16. “My dad never told me that when you audition, you might not get the role. He wanted to wait until my first disappointment to tell me.” – Haley Joel Osment
17. “The best advice my dad ever gave me is that acting is believing. Acting is not acting. It isn’t putting on a face and dancing around in a mask. It’s believing that you are that character and playing him as if it were a normal day in the life of that character.” – Haley Joel Osment
18. “Actually, ‘Die Hard’ was the first movie I ever saw in the theater. When I was a newborn, my parents were going stir-crazy in the house, and they put me in the bassinet, and I slept through ‘Die Hard’ in the theater as an infant.” – Haley Joel Osment
19th of 21 Haley Joel Osment Quotes
19. “I really don’t care if people know who I am or what’s said about me.” – Haley Joel Osment
20. “”Kobe Bryant is my favorite basketball player. He takes risks. He goes for the shot. He isn’t cautious with whatever he does.” – Haley Joel Osment
21. “People love to get scared. People want to see the worst thing that can happen.” – Haley Joel Osment
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Haley Joel Osment! Don’t forget to share them on social media.