The Eazy-E era was a little before my time, but I’d read up on his life; and what with the new ‘Straight Outta Compton’ movie, been able to visualize his life a little better.
Eazy-E and N.W.A brought realistic rap to the scene, and if you haven’t seen the film already I definitely recommend watching it when you can.
For those of you who don’t know, Eazy-E passed away from HIV back in March 1995.
Here’s a list of the best, and legendary, Eazy-E quotes about life:
12 Legendary Eazy-E Quotes About Life
1. “The kids from the streets don’t want preaching or messages. They want what they can identify with. They want to hear about the reality of their situation, not fairy tales. They don’t care if it’s ugly; they just want reality.” – Eazy-E
2. “I’m not saying this because I’m looking for a soft cushion wherever I’m heading. I just feel that I’ve got thousands and thousands of young fans that have to learn about what’s real when it comes to aids.” – Eazy-E
3. “Now I’m in the biggest fight of my life, and it ain’t easy. But I want to say much love to those who have been down to me. And thanks for your support. Just remember: It’s your real time and your real life.” – Eazy-E
4. “Don’t be a follower, be a leader.” – Eazy-E
5th of 12 Eazy-E Quotes
5. “I’m here to save you but who’s to save me?” – Eazy-E
6. “I don’t want to be in somebody else’s movie, and then they make all the money. I’ve gotten offers to do the movies, but I won’t sell myself short and be in somebody else’s movie, like ‘Boyz N the Hood.’ I don’t think I would’a done that.” – Eazy-E
7. “Why do you think the fans like us – why they prefer our street raps over all that phony stuff out there? Because we’re telling the real story of what it’s like living in places like Compton. We’re giving them reality. We’re like reporters. We give them the truth.” – Eazy-E
8. “Movies don’t make people act a fool. People act a fool because they want to act a fool.” – Eazy-E
9. “I go to correctional facilities and talk to kids there. They have little kids in there who are, like, 12 years old, stealing cars and stuff like that.” – Eazy-E
10. “I have seven children by six different mothers. Maybe success was too good to me.” – Eazy-E
11. “Yeah, I was a brother on the streets of Compton doing a lot of things most people look down on but it did pay off. Then we started rapping about real stuff that shook up the LAPD and the FBI. But we got our message across big time, and everyone in America started paying attention to the boys in the hood.” – Eazy-E
12. “Who gave it that title, gangsta rap? It’s reality rap. It’s about what’s really going on.” – Eazy-E
Bonus: Eazy-E Picture Quote
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Eazy-E quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends.