Jonah Hill is an American actor, director, and producer from Los Angeles. you probably recognize him most from the films ‘Accepted’, ‘Grandma’s Boy’ and ‘Superbad’. In 2019, Hill will play Lewis in ‘The Beach Bum’.
However, what you probably don’t know, is Jonah Hill himself is a wonderfully inspirational and motivational individual. He has influenced many throughout his career, as a comedian, actor, and director.
We’ve put together this collection of the best Jonah Hill quotes:
36 Legendary Jonah Hill Quotes
1. “Professionally, I feel like I won the lottery and I am the luckiest person in the entire world.” – Jonah Hill
2. “You really feel an obligation to someone when they’re trusting you to do something, and you promise that you’ll come through for them.” – Jonah Hill
3. “New Orleans is like the bad-kid island in ‘Pinocchio.’” – Jonah Hill
4. “Germany’s amongst my top three places in the world I’d like to live.” – Jonah Hill
5. “As an actor, you tell part of a story. As a writer, you get more of telling that story. But as a director, they’re seeing the world through your eyes.” – Jonah Hill
6. “I always say I want to eventually shift my career to directing and writing.” – Jonah Hill
7. “Writing has made me a better actor. Acting has made me a better writer. So why wouldn’t directing make me a better actor and writer?” – Jonah Hill
8. “The great romance of your youth is your best friend at that age.” – Jonah Hill
9. “I’ve learned through the experience of playing different characters, some of whom were jerks, that when you play a character who is pretentious or obnoxious, in any way, it’s important to knock them down a peg.”– Jonah Hill
10th of 36 Jonah Hill Quotes
10. “I just like to act and write and produce. To me, making movies is the ultimate goal.” – Jonah Hill
11. “I love it, man; I’m 23 years old and I’m lucky enough to write movies as a job! I just feel really blessed and can’t believe it’s happening.”– Jonah Hill
12. “I mean, I find things that happened in real life to be the funniest – things that you observe instead of crazy abstract things, you know.” – Jonah Hill
13. “I learn a lot from every director that I work with. I sit on set and watch them, everyone.”– Jonah Hill
14. “I would never remake something that was like ‘The Godfather.’ Things that are truly important to me, I could never remake or reboot, or whatever.” – Jonah Hill
15. “I’m a big hip hop fan.”– Jonah Hill
16. “I’m an actor, I’m not a comedian, I never was a comedian.” – Jonah Hill
17. “’21 Jump Street’ is great. I just made that, and produced it and was a writer on it. It’s starring myself and Channing Tatum, and maybe some surprise guests.” – Jonah Hill
18. “I grew up in the ’80s in L.A., so Ice Cube and Magic Johnson are my heroes.” – Jonah Hill
19. “I believe in collaboration. I think that is the most entertaining and effective way to write for me, personally.”– Jonah Hill
20th of 36 Jonah Hill Quotes
20. “All this stuff is so mind-blowing to me that I get to do in my life. Throwing the first pitch out at the White Sox game on a random Wednesday? Like who am I? How did I get this life? I’m glad I’m not jaded, and little kids are the least jaded people in the entire world, so it’s fun to be around people that still find wonder in how cool things are.” – Jonah Hill
21. “I run and do a lot of push-ups and eat healthily.” – Jonah Hill
22. “I’ve never had issues with popularity. I was always a popular guy… I’ve always had friends and loved ones and everything, so it wasn’t like, ‘Oh man, I gotta fill some void that was left by high school.’ I had a great high-school experience.” – Jonah Hill
23. “Albert Brooks is definitely one of my biggest influences, for sure.” – Jonah Hill
24. “My heroes are Bill Murray and Dustin Hoffman. Those are the two actors that both do comedies and dramas, seamlessly. Also John C. Reilly and Philip Seymour Hoffman. They’re all just great actors, neither comedic nor dramatic. They’re just great actors.” – Jonah Hill
25. “I assume everything I do in life is gonna be a failure, and then if it turns up roses, then I’m psyched.”– Jonah Hill
26th of 36 Jonah Hill Quotes
26. “Besides the fact that I make movies, there’s nothing interesting about my life at all, unfortunately.” – Jonah Hill
27. “When I first met the world, basically, or introduced myself to people, I was in ‘Superbad,’ and I feel the same way I felt promoting ‘Superbad’ in an underdog style that I feel promoting ‘Moneyball.’”– Jonah Hill
28. “Once you make a movie like ‘Superbad,’ when it’s popular and you’re the lead, you get offered all kinds of things and there’s a temptation to make bad movies either for the money or to maintain your relevance in pop culture.”– Jonah Hill
29. “It wasn’t like, ‘I’ma lose weight and start doing dramas.’ I wanted to be healthier, and that was the impetus for wanting to lose weight – it’s just about being healthy and feeling good.” – Jonah Hill
30. “Writing is as big a part of my career as acting is, financially and time-wise. So, yeah, I love it. That’s all I wanted to do since I was young was be a writer. So that and acting are the two most important aspects of my career.” – Jonah Hill
31. “I mean, being shot in slow motion doing cocaine by Martin Scorsese is, like, maybe every actor’s dream. Nothing will compare to it. Except maybe having kids.” – Jonah Hill
32. “The great thing about ‘Allen Gregory’ is that we try to make it really questionable that the things he says have happened, have really happened. We like that ambiguity.” – Jonah Hill
33. “When a movie like ‘Superbad’ or ‘Moneyball’ comes out, people make you feel like you’re the most important person on the planet. The truth is, you’re a billion percent not the most important person on the planet. It’s all insulated in your world and no one could care less. It’s just a movie.” – Jonah Hill
34. “I love my parents. But I’m almost 28 and it’s not fun to be asked, ‘What are you doing today? What do you want for dinner? When are you going to be home?’ It just makes you feel like a kid. It’s this juxtaposition of feeling annoyed and really lucky to have people who love you so much.” – Jonah Hill
35. “I play a lot of games on my iPhone. There is a game called Rat on a Scooter that I will promote as much as possible because it has brought me so much joy.” – Jonah Hill
36. “I am a filmmaker fanatic. I have never been star-struck by an actor once in my entire life.” – Jonah Hill
Thanks for viewing this collection of Jonah Hill quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media.
Which are your favorite Jonah Hill quotes? Leave a comment below.
Raúl Castro Net Worth
What is Raúl Castro’s net worth? Introduction Raúl Castro is a Cuban politician who serves as the First Secretary...
George Kittle Net Worth
Introduction George Kittle is an American football tight end for the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL. Kittle played college...
Armin Van Buuren Net Worth
What is Armin Van Buuren’s net worth? Introduction Armin Van Buuren is a Dutch DJ and record producer. Since 2001,...
Audrina Patridge Net Worth
What is Audrina Patridge’s net worth? Introduction Audrina Patridge is an American television personality and actress. Patridge rose to fame...
Ben Stein Net Worth
What is Ben Stein’s net worth? Introduction Ben Stein is an American writer, lawyer, actor, and comedian. Stein began his...