Which are your favorite Bob Weir quotes?
Bob Weir is an American musician. He is most famously recognized for being one of the founding members of the popular rock band ‘Grateful Dead’.
Throughout his career in the music industry, Weir has played in several other famous bands as well, including ‘Kingfish’, ‘RatDog’, and ‘Furthur’. Along with the Grateful Dead, Weir notably got inducted into the prestigious ‘The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’.
After the Grateful Dead disbanded, Weir then formed the band ‘Dead & Company’ along with a couple of former members of the Grateful Dead along with the renowned singer ‘John Mayer‘ which remains active to this day.
Here’s our collection of the best Bob Weir quotes:
40 Best Bob Weir Quotes On Life & Music
1. “I think if people value democracy, they had damn well better get out and exercise their right to vote while their vote still means something.” – Bob Weir
2. “I’m still good for hitting the road. I’ll be doing that a fair bit.” – Bob Weir
3. “I was 18 when I first started writing.” – Bob Weir
4. “A lot of time we would jam in-between songs on stage, and those jams sometimes became songs.” – Bob Weir
5. “I have always had a certain aversion to heat. And for me, the name of the game on the stage is ‘beat the heat.’ It’s always July under the lights.” – Bob Weir
6. “I’m looking forward to some more solo acoustic dates. That’s a lot of fun for me because I get to be alone with the song. And I get to hear every little nuance; if my instrument does something that I wasn’t expecting, I get to chase that. Chase that down a little bit.” – Bob Weir
7. “The next one I wrote when I was 19 or 20. I started to get into writing with the other guys.” – Bob Weir
8. “I don’t know if I discovered I had any talent. It was dogged persistence. I had to have the music.” – Bob Weir
9. “The same song on a different day was a different song.” – Bob Weir
10th of 40 Bob Weir Quotes
10. “When Jerry was writing, he would do what he was gonna do. And then maybe he would bring it to the band and we would arrange it, more or less. So it was kind of a co-writing situation in that regard. And there was a lot of stuff we all co-wrote. Like “Thanksgiving,” we all co-wrote that.” – Bob Weir
11. “Hunter and I traded verses. He would write a verse and I would write a verse.” – Bob Weir
12. “We taped everything, and oftentimes listened to it back at night. We’d mark tunes that we wanted to get around to, or we would think about making it a song when we listened back to the tapes. And that would be a place where a song might want to live, so we would go with that.” – Bob Weir
13. “I was writing in tandem with Jerry and Phil particularly. And Pigpen would chip in as well.” – Bob Weir
14. “When we started out, there was so much cash involved that it attracted an element you’d rather not do business with.” – Bob Weir
15. “The Grateful Dead played for three hours on a given night, plus soundcheck.” – Bob Weir
16. “The premise that we’re working with is that when most people go to a show, they’re not really watching what’s going on onstage. They may be watching what’s on the screen. But when the songs are playing in their mind’s eye, they’re actually watching a movie.” – Bob Weir
17. “The whole band playing together. Back then we’d pretty much rehearse daily. A lot of that was just jamming. And from that came a lot of music that we turned into songs. Then we’d apply lyrics to them best we could. Until [Robert] Hunter came along. Hunter changed that dynamic because he was just better at it than we were. And then [John] Barlow came along after that.” – Bob Weir
18. “Songs go through cycles for me. And sometimes I lose my passion for some of them.” – Bob Weir
19. “I thought being a cowboy would be a terribly romantic thing to do. But it wasn’t. I shoveled a lot of stalls.” – Bob Weir
20th of 40 Bob Weir Quotes
20. “Both my kids like Adele, and I gotta say, the girl can sing.” – Bob Weir
21. “My very first one was sort of a rewrite of an old jug band standard. I made it blues. I called it Nickelwood Blues.” – Bob Weir
22. “They’re protecting an archaic industry. They should turn their attention to new models.” – Bob Weir
23. “Early on, Jerry and I worked up a lot of Everly Brothers tunes. And tunes of that nature, you know, country tunes.” – Bob Weir
24. “All art is tension, and release. Light and dark. It’s just a matter of how you play with it.” – Bob Weir
25. “I don’t believe in death.” – Bob Weir
26. “It happened both ways. Sometimes music first, sometimes words first. And then there’s the third way, which is actually best, where they both happen at the same time. But that was rare.” – Bob Weir
27. “If Trump wins, I think the whole thing is going to blow up, and we’re going to start over, and that’s always a good thing to do.” – Bob Weir
28. “It adds a lot of resonance when you can directly relate to the character in the song; when the character is you or a statement of one’s voice.” – Bob Weir
29. “Looking back, I guess I’ve lived an unusual life.” – Bob Weir
30th of 40 Bob Weir Quotes
30. “What I like best about music is when time goes away.” – Bob Weir
31. “I was gifted with a life that was full of adventure. I’ve always believed if you’re gifted, that it’s incumbent not to think about giving something back.” – Bob Weir
32. “We’d just signed with Arista, the record company. Arista was freaking about the phenomenon of tapers showing up at our shows. They were insisting that we put an end to this. And we just didn’t want to do that.” – Bob Weir
33. “With any kind of writing, you get hot and you get cold. Famous situation. There are times when you’re just too damn busy, on the road for instance, too damn busy to write.” – Bob Weir
34. “Jerry and I had a similar range. Either one of us could catch the high part and the other guy could catch the melody. So we would create a back-and-forth in that regard, so each of us had ample time to sing the melody, and also take a break and sing the bird-call.” – Bob Weir
35. “We wanted to establish a new fan base over here. And second, we wanted to challenge ourselves. We wanted to bring what is ostensibly new music to fresh ears and see what lights them up.” – Bob Weir
36. “One of the things that the Grateful Dead did, way back when, was we spent a lot of time just turning each other on to music. If somebody was listening to something that really caught their ear, they’d make sure that everybody else in the band heard it, and that came home for us in innumerable ways.” – Bob Weir
37. “That Cornell show that – that people talk about, I can’t remember that specifically. It didn’t stand out for me on that tour. The whole tour was like that for me.” – Bob Weir
38. “Obviously I believe in reincarnation and all that kind of stuff – I don’t think anyone’s going to be surprised to hear that.” – Bob Weir
39. “Whatever I’m going to be doing, a lot of it will be furthering this heritage, this legacy.” – Bob Weir
40. “Be as in touch with your dreams as you can be.” – Bob Weir
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Bob Weir! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Bob Weir quotes? Leave a comment below.
52 Inspirational J Cole Quotes & Lyrics
Jermaine Cole is an American hip hop artist, who started receiving recognition and fame for his work back in 2007.
Some of his lyrics have been highly regarded as creative yet truthful rhymes, which in a lot of cases means they’re very inspiring to many individuals.
We’ve created this collection of the greatest J Cole quotes & lyrics of all time:
52 Inspirational J Cole Quotes
1. “To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is.” – J Cole
2. “Anything’s possible, you gotta dream like you never seen obstacles.” – J Cole
3. “Take a chance, because you never know how perfect something can turn out.” – J Cole
4. “I’d rather be happy being myself than sad trying to please everyone else.” – J Cole
5. “People congratulate me. I just tell them God is good.” – J Cole
6. “Keep grinding boy, your life can change in one year, and even when it’s dark out, the sun is shining somewhere.” – J Cole
7. “Damn, cold world. I never thought I’d see the day that you’re my old girl.” – J Cole
8. “You have to hurt in order to know. Fall in order to grow. Lose in order to gain. Because most of life’s lessons are learned in pain.” – J Cole
9. “I swear I walk with God, but the devil keeps following.” – J Cole
10th of 52 J Cole Quotes
10. “If they don’t know your dreams, they can’t shoot them down.” – J Cole
11. “My life accelerated, but had to wait my turn. But then I redecorated, that means my tables turn.” – J Cole
12. “Am I about dollars or about change? Am I about knowledge or brains? Freedom or big chains? They don’t feel my pain.” – J Cole
13. “Get to know somebody and you really learn a lot about ‘em. Won’t be long before you start to doubt ‘em. Tell yourself you better off without ‘em. Then in time you will find can’t walk without ‘em.” – J Cole
14. “No such thing as a life that’s better than yours, no such thing–no such thing…” – J Cole
15. “In a game full of liars it turns out that I’m the truth. Some say that rap’s alive. It turns out that I’m the proof.” – J Cole
16. “Nothing lasts forever, but at least we’ve got these memories.” – J Cole
17. “Never give up until you’ve given out all your very best. It’s better to fail trying, than wondering what could have happened if you tried.” – J Cole
18. “It’s beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success.” – J Cole
19. “If you place your importance on appreciation and love, that’s enough.” – J Cole
20th of 52 J Cole Quotes
20. “Sometimes our dreams come true, sometimes our fears do too.” – J Cole
21. “For a few minutes you made me feel as if I actually meant something to someone.” – J Cole
22. “There’s a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.” – J Cole
23. “Anything I do, I do it well.” – J Cole
24. “You can lose all the money, but you’ll never lose people knowing you.” – J Cole
25. “Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do.” – J Cole
26. “So here we are… it’s funny how so close can seem so far.” – J Cole
27. “We got dreams and we got the right to chase ‘em.” – J Cole
28. “Promise to my momma I’mma make it to the top, so I’mma keep climbing ‘til my heartbeat drop.” – J Cole
29th of 52 J Cole Quotes
29. “Either you play the game or you let the game play you.” – J Cole
30. “I’mma be here for a while. None of these clowns can hurt me.” – J Cole
31. “I put a lot of God in my music, but not because I’m super religious. There are a lot of demons in my music too. I acknowledge both.” – J Cole
32. “They say time is money but really, it’s not. If we ever go broke, time is all we got.” – J Cole
33. “I walk along this long harbor of life and sit on the piers, reflect on my pain and sh*t on my fears.” – J Cole
34. “I keep my head high, I got my wings to carry me. I don’t know freedom, I want my dreams to rescue me.” – J Cole
35. “A little jealousy in a relationship is healthy. It’s always nice to know someone is afraid to lose you.” – J Cole
36. “Tupac was just so passionate about what he believes in and not afraid to say anything.” – J Cole
37. “The music becomes more pure and soulful when it’s true, and it has to be true these days with the way the internet works, and the way the game works, everyone wants authentic raps.” – J Cole
38. “I met Will Smith twice. I didn’t talk to him for too long but I was trying to let him know that my age group grew up watching him – he was the coolest guy on television and the coolest guy in movies.” – J Cole
39th of 52 J Cole Quotes
39. “I still wanna rap better than everybody else, and I wanna say important things.” – J Cole
40. “When I was in college my girl got me a job at the doctor’s office she was working at. I was a file clerk. No disrespect but I don’t think a man can do that job. It takes so much meticulous and precise file-keeping.” – J Cole
41. “I want people to follow their dreams, yes… but I’m not interested in telling young black kids how to be rappers… I want to show them that there’s so many other paths you can take, besides a rapper or basketball player.” – J Cole
42. “In this life ain’t no happy endings. Only pure beginnings followed by years of sinning and fake repentance.” – J Cole
43. “People think because I’ve got some success, I’ve made it, but in my eyes it’s like, ‘How long has Jay Z been in the business? How many albums has he got?’ Not that I’m trying to be Jay Z, but I am trying to be around for a long time.” – J Cole
44. “I had a lot of resistance, and not just to fame. I was always conscious of not changing.” – J Cole
45. “You can’t reverse fame. You can lose all the money, but you’ll never lose people knowing you.” – J Cole
46. “College isn’t in everyone’s hearts. I am living proof, though, that school doesn’t mess up your plans. It gives you more experiences to write about.” – J Cole
47. “It’s no coincidence that all the greatest rappers – whoever you put in your top five – I guarantee you they are great storytellers.” – J Cole
48. “When you’re a rapper, just a rapper, you have to kind of settle for whatever comes your way – if a beat is hot, you wanna rap on it, period.” – J Cole
49. “Keep grindin’ boy, your life can change in one year, And even when it’s dark out, the sun is shining somewhere.” – J Cole
50. “Hard to move on when you always regret one.” – J Cole
51. “I’m a super-duper over-analyzer. You mix that with self-doubt and pressure, and that’s never healthy.” – J Cole
52. “Life is a movie, pick your own role, Climb your own ladder or you dig your own hole.” – J Cole
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from J Cole! Don’t forget to share them on social media.
Which are your favorite J Cole quotes? Leave a comment below.
30 Awesome Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) Quotes
MGK, another insane source of inspiration for hip hop fans;
It wasn’t until last year that I started listing to Machine Gun Kelly’s music, but I’ve become a big fan. Some of his lyrics are incredibly motivational for underdogs in live, the ones who are struggling, and need that little bit of strength to go on.
So I’ve had a look and a listen, and compiled some of the best MGK quotes from his own lyrics. These are some of the most inspirational things he’s said, so take a look and enjoy.
Feel free to share the list using the social buttons above if you know anyone else who is a big MGK fan.
25 Awesome MGK Quotes
1. “Don’t ever look down, be comfortable with who you are, our flaws are what make us perfect.” – MGK
2. “You can’t see my tears in the rain, underneath it all we’re just the same.” – MGK
3. “I owe my life to my own advice, follow your motherf****n’ dreams until those visions come to life.” – MGK
4th of 30 MGK Quotes
4. “Whatever you love could be taken away, so live like it’s your dying day.” – MGK
5. “Toast to the underdog, toast to the team, toast to the fact we this close to the dream.” – MGK
6. “Life is too short to live the same day twice. So each new day make sure you live your life.” – MGK
7. “I’m walking through the fire because there is no way around.” – MGK
8. “I don’t think that a lot of people understand, that the person who’s crazy enough to think he can change the world, actually can.” – MGK
9. “What is love, love is pain. Love is butterflies and stomach aches, love is looking out a windowpane. Tears dripping looking like you’re in the rain, for somebody you don’t even know, but somebody you may never see again.” – MGK
10. “I used to take orders, now I make bets. I used to scrub floors, now I sign checks. And I used to push carts, now I push songs. I used to be there, now I am so gone.” – MGK
11th of 30 MGK Quotes
11. “When my times up on this earth and they bury me in that dirt, don’t say that I ain’t milk this life for everything that it’s worth.” – MGK
12. “I came out of a dying city, brought back life. Everything they said I couldn’t do I did about twice.” – MGK
13. “Yeah, and they told me all that glitters ain’t gold. But I really wanna shine right now. And they told me the sky’s the limit so I wonder if I can fly right now. Yeah, so I spread my wings, jumped up, and lived my dreams.” – MGK
14. “And if you ever have a dream, don’t be scared to chase that shit, man. You can have whatever you want in this life. Don’t let anyone tell you different.” – MGK
15. “Heroes are remembered. Legends never die. I ain’t dyin’ any time soon.” – MGK
16. “I used to have someone at 3AM that I could call. Now it just rings and I don’t get nothing at all.” – MGK
17. “Trust is like an eraser. It gets smaller with every mistake.” – MGK
18. “As my world turns, the heart beats, not only in my chest, but the heart of the streets.” – MGK
19th of 30 MGK Quotes
19. “I had a dream that the world changed, and for a minute there was no pain.” – MGK
20. “Never make permanent decisions on temporary feelings.” – MGK
21. “I dedicate this to my teachers that never believed in me, and the mother that conceived but ended up leaving me.” – MGK
22. I love you, and you may not see right now. But I’m beggin’ for forgiveness, I’m on my knees right now.” – MGK
23. Question, what if tomorrow never comes and everything you said couldn’t be undone?” – MGK
24. “If you ain’t living your life then you’re dead, and sleep is its cousin so I shot my bed.” – MGK
25th of 30 MGK Quotes
25. “Follow in my steps, then you walkin’ a green mile. Trees in my pockets, like my denim’s a greenhouse.” – MGK
26. “I made a dollar out of cents, got a whole nation’s respect before I was 18. And I did that without a check. See, I used to be a lame. Now, I’m posted in the game, in a top spot, tough drop. Money ain’t a thing.” – MGK
27. “People want to be my friend. But where the f*** were y’all when I was ten, eleven or twelve getting bullied and beat up in the gym? I couldn’t never get a girl. Now, all the sudden I’m the man. Students try to get back cool with me again. F*** ’em all!” – MGK
28. “I wanna get that dream and live my life, with no Rihanna, no T.I. I’m just living for today, no tomorrow, no pause, no comma, real shit, no persona. I’m enjoying every pussy like a virgin or Madonna.” – MGK
29. “Hold up, let me put my cool back on. Wouldn’t be here without my team. I put my crew back on. And I’m a rapper but I will not put the jewels back on. My fans love Kells, let me put the fool back on.” – MGK
30. “If you ever thought that you won’t make it, soon as it get hard you just can’t take it- no matter what you going through, keep waiting ’cause you gon’ make it. You gon’ make it.” – MGK
Bonus: MGK Picture Quote
If these quotes weren’t quite the sort of hip-hop quotes you were looking for, then how about checking out quotes from Eminem?
Are there any MGK quotes in this article that stand out to you? Leave a comment below.
22 Golden Lupe Fiasco Quotes From His Lyrics
Lupe Fiasco is an American rapper, record producer and entrepreneur;
We put together this collection of Lupe Fiasco quotes solely contained within his lyrics. Some of these quotes are absolutely golden!
Here are 22 of the best Lupe Fiasco quotes:
22 Golden Lupe Fiasco Quotes
1. “If talk is cheap, then my silence is diamonds.” – Lupe Fiasco
2. “Love always shines, that’s how I’ll find you. In case you forgot, I hope this reminds you.” – Lupe Fiasco
3. “We can’t do nothing about the past, but we can do something about the future that we have.” – Lupe Fiasco
4. “I wish I couldn’t feel. I wish I couldn’t love. I wish I could stop loving you so much.” – Lupe Fiasco
5. “You would never know if you could ever be, if you never try, you would never see.” – Lupe Fiasco
6. “I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence. Fear is such a weak emotion, that’s why I despise it.” – Lupe Fiasco
7. “Self-respect first. Sexy second.” – Lupe Fiasco
8. “The truth is limitless in its range. If you drop a ‘T’ and look at it in reverse it could hurt.” – Lupe Fiasco
9th of 22 Lupe Fiasco Quotes
“Life ain’t made to come around twice, that’s why I gotta get it right.” – Lupe Fiasco
10. “Fear is such a weak emotion, that’s why I despise it.” – Lupe Fiasco
11. “I’m just trying to do the opposite of left, as long as there’s the opposite of death, ya know. Yes, ya test and I just might bring the opposite of life, ’till there’s no one the opposite of right.” – Lupe Fiasco
12. “Things are getting out of control, feel like I’m running out of soul. You are getting too heavy to hold, think I’ll be letting you go.” – Lupe Fiasco
13. “My greatest enemy at one point was myself, and so now once I gt over the fear of myself I don’t fear any man. I never have.” – Lupe Fiasco
14. “That should be the measure of success for everyone. It’s not money, it’s not fame, it’s not celebrity; my index of success is happiness.” – Lupe Fiasco
15. “What starts in clouded minds finished in the rain.” – Lupe Fiasco
16. “But it was good while it lasted, but when it’s dead, put it in a casket.” – Lupe Fiasco
17. “I find it somewhat liberating to jump, to dive into things that are the opposite of me.” – Lupe Fiasco
18th of 22 Lupe Fiasco Quotes
“Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn’t give you credit.” – Lupe Fiasco
19. “People don’t understand that where I come from, everyone is either a convict, been in jail, been in a gang, is a hooligan of some sorts. But those are my brothers, my family and the people I travel with. Those are the people that I roll with.” – Lupe Fiasco
20. “Why kill you when I can just not teach you and get the same results.” – Lupe Fiasco
21. “Holy apartments in the gardens in which the rivers flow. Thank you for all your blessings and all of your miracles.” – Lupe Fiasco
22. “How can land be owned by another man? Warns one can not steal what was given as a gift. Is the sky owned by birds and the river owned by fish?” – Lupe Fiasco
23. “When you start creating opinion, and you start creating difference of opinion, you’re doing something. People are actually sitting down and critiquing. A lot of the stuff people hate, they really don’t. They only look at the outer shell. They don’t really get into it.” – Lupe Fiasco
24. “I do this for the sake of myself. It’s a selfish process. I don’t really have any expectations from anyone for your comments or your reviews or your previews.” – Lupe Fiasco
25th of 30 Lupe Fiasco Quotes
25. “I trust people to be human. Sometimes you do things that make amazing amounts of sense; sometimes you do things that don’t make any sense whatsoever.” – Lupe Fiasco
26. “Everybody has their opinion on what’s ‘real,’ and what’s they choose to listen to and their personal preference. Whether they’re 2 years old or 200 years old. And people can listen to whatever they want.” – Lupe Fiasco
27. “You expect certain things. You build up in your mind how it’s supposed to go down. When you get a record deal, you think you’re supposed to get X, Y, and Z. It doesn’t happen like that. You’re like ‘Oh, this isn’t as exciting as I thought it was going to be.'” – Lupe Fiasco
28. “The only person who really impressed me with making new music is Cudi. Everyone else seems to be jumping on the same music, the producer-made stuff, but the one person that’s made new music to me is Cudi.” – Lupe Fiasco
29. “Never apologize for being real… reality is the enemy of fakes, frauds, liars and protectors of ignorance. It scares them.” – Lupe Fiasco
30. “I find it somewhat liberating to jump, to dive into things that are the opposite of me.” – Lupe Fiasco
Thanks for checking out these quotes from Lupe Fiasco!
Which are your favorite Lupe Fiasco quotes? Leave a comment below.
Alan Alda Net Worth
Alan Alda’s award-winning television performances earned him millions as an actor.
T.J. Dillashaw Net Worth
T.J. Dillashaw ran into some trouble during the final few years of his career, but put together a great resume...
Viola Davis Net Worth
Discover how Viola Davis' fearless approach to acting redefined Hollywood standards.
Ewan McGregor Net Worth
Follow the incredible rise of Ewan McGregor, from aspiring actor to Golden Globe-winning superstar.
Gwyneth Paltrow Net Worth
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow's rise to superstar actress and businesswoman status paid off in millions of dollars.
Michelle Yeoh Net Worth
Michelle Yeoh's martial arts magic made her an international movie star.
Jennifer Garner Net Worth
Explore the story behind Jennifer Garner's meteoric rise to Hollywood stardom.
Diane Keaton Net Worth
Diane Keaton became a multi-millionaire due to her acting and directing talents.
Angela Bassett Net Worth
Angela Bassett has taken Hollywood by storm, becoming a sought-after and wealthy film and television actress.
Andrew Garfield Net Worth
Millionaire actor, Andrew Garfield, has become the quintessential Hollywood star.
Richest People3 weeks ago
The 30 Richest People in the World
Richest People3 weeks ago
The 50 Richest Rappers in the World
Richest People2 months ago
The 50 Richest Actors in the World
Richest People3 weeks ago
The 50 Richest Singers in the World
Richest People3 weeks ago
The 50 Richest Athletes in the World
Entrepreneurs6 months ago
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
Richest People3 weeks ago
The 50 Richest DJs in the World
Top Lists2 months ago
The 10 Most Inspirational Short Stories I’ve Heard