What is Agnetha Faltskog’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$200 Million|
|Born:||April 5, 1950|
|Height:||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||Sweden|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Musician|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Agnetha Faltskog is a Swedish singer and songwriter known for her vocal performances for the iconic Swedish pop group ABBA.
In addition to her work with ABBA, Faltskog has enjoyed a successful solo career, selling millions of copies of her albums around the world.
As of October 2022, Agnetha Faltskog’s net worth is estimated to be $200 Million.
Agnetha Faltskog Facts
- Agneta Fältskog’s early career saw her finding success in Germany, after becoming engaged to German songwriter and producer Dieter Zimmerman.
- The 1980 ABBA song, The Winner Takes It All, was inspired by their decision to split up following the divorce it the group’s members.
- Agneta Fältskog’s first post-ABBA album in 1981, Nu tändas tusen juleljus, was made in collaboration with her mother.
- She has a fear of flying and several other phobias and was involved in a bus accident in 1983 while traveling on a Swedish highway.
- In 1997, she began a relationship with the Dutch forklift driver, Gert van der Graaf, whom she allegedly met when he was stalking her home.
Agneta Åse Fältskog was born on April 5, 1950 in Jönköping, Sweden, and was raised along with her sister by her mother and father, a department store manager.
Musical from an early age, she started writing songs at the age of six and soon after joined the local church choir and began taking piano lessons.
At the age of ten, Agneta formed a musical trio with her friends and performed locally, and when she was fifteen she decided to pursue a professional career in the music industry.
In the mid-1960s, Agnetha Fältskog was picked up by a Swedish record producer impressed by her demo recording, signing her to Cupol Records.
Her debut single was released in 1967, topping the Swedish charts and selling 80,000 copies, and after several more hit songs, she met Björn Ulvaeus in 1968.
Soon after they began collaborating with Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad, forming the band ABBA in the early 1970s.
Before long, ABBA’s album sales were on par with some of the richest rockstars in the world, with their fourth studio album, Arrival, from which they achieved international stardom.
As the fame and attention took its toll on her relationship with Björn Ulvaeus, ABBA eventually broke up, with Agnetha Fältskog again pursuing a solo career.
She found success with albums, including 1983’s Wrap Your Arms Around Me, which sold over a million copies, and eventually took a break from performing in the late 1980s.
Agneta Fältskog returned to music in the mid-2000s, covering the Barbra Streisand song, My Coloring Book, and appearing in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest.
She also joined Take That singer Gary Barlow on stage for the BBC Children in Need 2013 concert in London, raising money for charity.
Along with the other members of ABBA, she also collaborated on the 2008 Mamma Mia! movie, which starred Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep, and proved to be a huge hit at the box office.
More Professional Singers:
- Dave Matthews Net Worth
- Bjorn Ulvaeus Net Worth
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad Net Worth
- Faith Hill Net Worth
- Emma Bunton Net Worth
- Sarah Harding Net Worth
- Joe Elliott Net Worth
Agnetha Faltskog’s Career Earnings
With her successful career both as a solo artist and member of ABBA, Agneta Fältskog has enjoyed incredibly high career earnings over the years.
Here’s an estimated overview of Agnetha Faltskog’s Career Earnings:
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1973 – $315,000
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1974 – $300,000
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1975 – $8.5 million
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1977 – $2.1 million
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1979 – $2.2 million
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1980 – $1.2 million
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1992 – $11.4 million
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 1993 – $450,000
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 2005 – $450,000
- Agnetha Faltskog’s Salary In 2022 – $2 million
Agnetha Faltskog’s Net Worth Annually
With millions of copies of her albums and singles sold internationally, Agneta Fältskog has become one of the richest singers in the world, with an impressive net worth.
Much of this net worth has come through her work with ABBA, with their Greatest Hits compilation album notable for the significant boost it gave to her net worth.
Royalties from ABBA albums, combined with her solo albums, helped to ensure her net worth continued to climb throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
The huge success of the Mamma Mia! movie and royalties for the use of ABBA’s music have helped keep her net worth high up to the present day.
Agneta Fältskog married her fellow ABBA member Björn Ulvaeus in 1971, with whom she has two children, Linda Elin Ulvaeus and Peter Christian Ulvaeus, with the couple separating in 1979.
In 1990, Agneta Fältskog married Tomas Sonnenfeld in a private ceremony, with the marriage only becoming public knowledge when they divorced three years later.
In 1994, her mother’s suicide and father’s death the following year disrupted her life, reigniting the depression from which she had suffered since the breakup of her marriage to Ulvaeus.
Awards & Achievements
Agnetha Faltskog’s incredibly successful career in the music industry has seen her receive a variety of awards and accolades.
Here are some highlights from Agnetha Faltskog’s career:
- 1993: Agnetha Faltskog is granted a Grammis Honorary Award along with the other members of ABBA.
- 1999: ABBA is awarded a laureate from the Rockbjörnen music awards.
- 2013: She picks up the SKAP 2013 Kai Gullmar Memorial Award from Johan Ekelund.
- 2015: Along with the other members of the group ABBA, she is inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- 2022: At the 64th Grammy Awards, Agnetha Faltskog was nominated for Record of the Year for the song, I Still Have Faith In You.
How Does Agnetha Faltskog Spend Her Money?
Little is known about how Agnetha Faltskog, with the singer known for her reclusive lifestyle and unwillingness to share intimate experiences with the media.
Her incredible net worth certainly indicates her ability to live a life of luxury, and when she is seen in public she is typically wearing elegant clothing and jewelry.
She lives in a beautiful house known as The House of Agneтha in Eckero, Stockholm, Sweden, which features a large garden leading down to the waterfront.
Agnetha Faltskog’s musical career has been one of many high points, including as one of the biggest-selling singers in modern history.
Here are some of the best highlights of Agnetha Faltskog’s career:
- 1968: Agnetha Faltskog’s self-titled first album is released, proving to be a big hit in her native Sweden.
- 1971: She meets Bjorn Ulvaeus, beginning her career as a singer with the hugely successful pop group ABBA.
- 1982: Her first post-ABBA album, Wrap Your Arms Around Me, becomes a number one hit in many European countries.
- 2004: Her post-hiatus single, a cover of If I Thought You’d Change Your Mind by Cilla Black, becomes her highest-charting single in the UK to date.
- 2008: Agnetha Faltskog’s involvement in the movie Mamma Mia! reignites interest in ABBA and their songs.
Favorite Agnetha Faltskog Quotes
While Agnetha Faltskog prefers to avoid media scrutiny, but she has nevertheless shared her thoughts on life and music from time to time.
Here are our favorite quotes from Agnetha Faltskog:
- “I have always had strong maternal instincts. Even when I was still a child I cut out pictures of prams from newspapers and imagined the feeling of pushing my own pram through fresh winter snow and seeing the wheels’ tracks behind me in the snow.” – Agnetha Faltskog
- “It has always felt like a failure that Bjorn and I couldn’t keep our family together. You never get it back, but to this day I don’t regret splitting up. The reason behind our separation is one of those things I definitely don’t want to go into!” – Agnetha Faltskog
- “I used to suffer from stage fright, which at times was an ordeal. I won’t perform live again. I’m going to do some TV shows and videos but nothing else… I don’t like to travel too much or do concerts. I’m more of a studio and home girl.” – Agnetha Faltskog
- “I am uninterested in appearing in newspapers and on television. Many people think I am striking a pose – that I want to create a sense of shyness. But it’s just not something I want to do. I overdosed.” – Agnetha Faltskog
- “The press has always written that I am a recluse and a mysterious woman, but I am more down-to-earth than they think.” – Agnetha Faltskog
3 Amazing Lessons From Agnetha Faltskog
Now that you know all about Agnetha Faltskog’s net worth, we’ll take a closer look at some of the lessons we can learn from her fascinating life as a singer and celebrity.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Agnetha Faltskog:
1. If You Are Experiencing Depression, Seek Out The Necessary Help And Support
Agnetha Faltskog has had a long experience dealing with depression and phobias, not least after her experience when ABBA’s plane hit a tornado.
She understood the importance of seeking therapy to deal with these issues, which she has since overcome.
2. Don’t Seek Out Attention If You Can’t Handle It
Many famous people can find the media attention they receive overwhelming, which can have a serious impact on their well-being.
Agnetha Faltskog deals with this by taking a step back from the media spotlight and leading a private life.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Go It Alone
When ABBA split up it could have been easy for Agnetha Faltskog to retire from music entirely and enjoy her impressive wealth.
Instead, she opted to pick up her solo career and went on to release several successful solo releases.
That concludes this overview of Agnetha Faltskog’s net worth, exploring her time with ABBA as well as her impressive career as a solo artist.
While she has only made intermittent appearances in the media in recent years, her royalties and other revenue sources mean her net worth is likely to change.
To reflect these changes to her net worth, we’ll be updating this article in the future, so make sure you check back for all the details.
As of October 2022, Agnetha Faltskog’s net worth is estimated to be $200 Million.