What is Brett Ratner’s net worth?
|Net Worth:||$85 Million|
|Born:||March 28, 1969|
|Height:||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||TV/Film Director|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
Brett Ratner has directed several high-budget films throughout his career and made a name for himself with his directorial style.
While not the wealthiest director in Hollywood, Ratner has secured a fortune for himself that continues to grow today.
As of December 2022, Brett Ratner’s net worth is estimated to be $85 Million.
Brett Ratner Facts
- In 2006, Ratner replaced Matthew Vaughn as the director of X-Men: The Last Stand just two months before filming began.
- Brett Ratner started his career directing music videos in the 1990s and once stated that he wouldn’t start directing movies until he’d completed 100 music videos.
- Ratner co-founded RatPac Entertainment in 2012 with billionaire James Packer.
- In 2017, Ratner received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to the film industry.
- Brett Ratner has not directed a film since 2017 after sexual harassment allegations emerged during the height of the MeToo movement.
Brian Ratner was born March 28, 1969, in Miami Beach, Florida, to Marsha Presman and Ronald Ratner, though Ratner’s mother was 16 when he was born, and he never really knew his biological father.
Ratner attended Rabbi Alexander S. Gross Hebrew Academy in Miami for elementary school and Alexander Muss High School in Israel before graduating from Miami Beach Senior High School in 1986.
In 1990, Ratner graduated from New York University after releasing the short film Whatever Happened to Mason Reese?, which attracted the attention of rap group Public Enemy, who requested Ratner direct the group’s music videos.
Throughout the 1990s, Ratner created music videos for several prominent artists, including Redman, LL Cool J, and Wu-Tang Clan.
His motion picture debut came in 1997 with the film Money Talks, which was followed by the comedy Rush Hour, which went on to be the highest-grossing comedy of the time.
By 2001, Ratner had directed Rush Hour 2 and the prequel to Silence of the Lambs titled Red Dragon, which centered on Hannibal Lecter.
Ratner ventured into the superhero genre with X-Men: The Last Stand, which he was hired on just two months before filming began.
In 2007, Ratner directed Rush Hour 3, followed by Tower Heist the same year.
Ratner co-founded RatPac Entertainment in 2012 with millionaire James Packer, which has produced many independent films at an average of 50 per year.
Around this same time, Ratner became a film producer, working on Mirror Mirror in 2012 and a Rush Hour TV series in 2014.
While his career continued to flourish, in 2017, Warner Bros. severed ties with him after six women came forward with sexual harassment and assault allegations, which also led Warner Bros. to cancel their $450 million co-producing contract with RatPac.
Since these allegations, Ratner hasn’t directed another film, though he did serve as a producer on Georgetown, a crime film, in 2019.
Brett Ratner’s Career Earnings
Brett Ratner has made much of his money from directing and producing, but he has also developed his own whiskey brand, which has become popular in Japan.
While we don’t know how much Ratner makes from this brand, we suspect it is a decent amount yearly.
As for the money he has earned behind the camera, we have a couple of significant numbers.
- In 2007, it is estimated that Ratner earned $7.5 million as the director of Rush Hour 3.
- Ratner is estimated to have earned $8 million as the director of X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006.
- For directing Red Dragon, Ratner brought home $6 million.
- Ratner made $40 million from the release of Gravity, one of the first films released by RatPac Entertainment.
While Ratner may not be as wealthy as Michael Bay, he has certainly done well for himself throughout his career.
Not much is known about Brett Ratner’s personal life, though we do know that, during his career, he made a reputation for himself of being a playboy.
Ratner has been linked to at least 12 girlfriends, including Marcelle Braga, Serena Williams, Jennifer Meyer, and Rebecca Gayheart.
While he has had many girlfriends, he is currently not married and has no children, at least that has been publically announced.
Brett Ratner is fairly active on his official Twitter account, though he doesn’t have any additional social media and never posts about his daily life.
Awards & Achievements
Brett Ratner has received many awards and nominations throughout his career.
Here are some highlights from Brett Ratner’s career:
- In 2015, at the Grierson Trust British Documentary Awards, Ratner was nominated for Best Historical Documentary for Night Will Fall.
- Ratner won an Emmy for Outstanding Historical Programming for Night Will Fall in 2016.
- At the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2012, Ratner was nominated for Outstanding Nonfiction Series for American Masters.
- For Bright Lights, Ratner was nominated for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking at the Emmys in 2017.
- Brett Ratner was awarded a star on the Walk of Fame in 2017 for his work in motion pictures.
How Does Brett Ratner Spend His Money?
Like his personal life, nothing has been confirmed about Brett Ratner’s spending habits, though with his impressive net worth, we can assume he lives very comfortably.
In 2018, it was reported that Ratner was spotted living it up at Len Blavatnick’s five-star Faena Hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, which drew the ire of those still reeling from his sexual harassment allegations.
It is likely that Ratner owns property in Miami Beach, seeing as he is often spotted there, but nothing has ever been made public about his specific homes.
Brett Ratner has reached many milestones throughout his career, though some stand out more than others.
Here are some of the best highlights of Brett Ratner’s career:
- Ratner made his motion picture debut in 1997 by directing the film Money Talks.
- In 1998, Ratner directed Rush Hour, which became the highest-grossing comedy of the time.
- Brett Ratner directed X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006 after replacing Matthew Vaugh just two months before the start of filming.
- In 2012, Ratner co-founded RatPac Entertainment along with media mogul James Packer.
- Brett Ratner achieved a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2017.
Favorite Brett Ratner Quotes
Brett Ratner has said many things throughout his career, but some of his quotes have stood out more than others.
Here are our favorite quotes from Brett Ratner:
- “Woody Allen is in his ’70s, and he’s making movies, so I look forward to getting there.” – Brett Ratner
- “Having love in your heart doesn’t count for much if what comes out of your mouth is ugly and bigoted.” – Brett Ratner
- ” When I do short films, I try to do something completely out of my comfort zone, out of my element. – Brett Ratner
- “Listening is harder than just acting. Listening is the hardest part.” – Brett Ratner
- “At the end of the day, audiences just want to laugh and be entertained. They want to escape from their reality, and that’s why we make movies, to get people to escape from the realities.” – Brett Ratner
3 Amazing Lessons From Brett Ratner
Now that you know all about Brett Ratner’s net worth, we can take a look at what his impressive career can teach us about reaching our own success.
Here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Brett Ratner:
1. Branch Out From Your Comfort Zone
It is easy to fall into your comfort zone and never come out of it, but to be successful, it is necessary.
Not only can it help you develop new skills, but it can open the door to new opportunities that you wouldn’t have found otherwise.
2. Never Stop Learning
No matter who you are, there is always more to learn, and if you’re not willing to keep growing, you can risk falling behind.
You only stand to benefit from learning new skills, so make it a point to keep discovering new things.
3. Don’t Be Afraid To Work Hard
To become successful, you’ll have to work hard, and if you’re not willing to do this, you’ll never be able to achieve your goals.
It may take a lot of long nights, but at the end of the day, it will be well worth it!
Brett Ratner is a highly talented director, and he’s made a lasting mark on Hollywood as a director and film producer.
While he hasn’t directed anything new since 2017, his net worth is still gradually increasing, and he may very well make a return in the near future.
Be sure to check back often to stay up-to-date on Brett Ratner’s net worth and any changes that might impact it.
As of December 2022, Brett Ratner’s net worth is estimated to be $85 Million.